Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmfalcon
Level 7

Local cable while on vacation?

Jump to solution

If I take a Roku w me on vacation, will my it receive my Spectrum from home work and get my local channels ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Local cable while on vacation?

Jump to solution

Usually cable providers will only to permit you to view their content while connected to their own network. So if your vacation location has Spectrum as their Internet provider, it might work. However, sometimes it requires you to be connected to your home network, so using your credentials from another location might not work.

I would say that your Roku will work just fine when you travel (I use one all the time when I travel for work) but don't expect the Spectrum channel to work away from home. And since Spectrum and Roku are currently not under contract to each other, don't remove your Spectrum channel or it's gone for good (or until they come to agreement again).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Local cable while on vacation?

Jump to solution

Usually cable providers will only to permit you to view their content while connected to their own network. So if your vacation location has Spectrum as their Internet provider, it might work. However, sometimes it requires you to be connected to your home network, so using your credentials from another location might not work.

I would say that your Roku will work just fine when you travel (I use one all the time when I travel for work) but don't expect the Spectrum channel to work away from home. And since Spectrum and Roku are currently not under contract to each other, don't remove your Spectrum channel or it's gone for good (or until they come to agreement again).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos