Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheWanderGypsy
Level 7

Loading channels that I already pay a monthly subscription for

Jump to solution

Setting up my new streaming stick was awesomely easy with the Excellent directions. However, my question is that some of the premium channels on the Roku list, such as Netflix, Disney+, Netflix etc are ones I already pay a monthly subscription fee for these apps...(I do not and cannot get cable or satellite way up here In the woods or camp). How do I load and watch them on my Roku without having to pay for them again?  I am just learning so please forgive what will be several questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Loading channels that I already pay a monthly subscription for

Jump to solution

Install the channel app for the channel of interest from the streaming channels menu item on the Roku home screen.  Each will be added to the end of the Roku home screen channel grid.

Click on the installed channel of interest.  Each of them will present some means of logging into your existing account, but as each designs its own user interface each may be different.  If the initial screen doesn't have an obvious sign in or log in link, look for it via a link labeled settings, options, accounts, or something similar. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

Install the channel app for the channel of interest from the streaming channels menu item on the Roku home screen.  Each will be added to the end of the Roku home screen channel grid.

Click on the installed channel of interest.  Each of them will present some means of logging into your existing account, but as each designs its own user interface each may be different.  If the initial screen doesn't have an obvious sign in or log in link, look for it via a link labeled settings, options, accounts, or something similar. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TheWanderGypsy
Level 7

Jump to solution

THANK YOU very much for that info. 

0 Kudos
Jonathan0414
Level 7

Jump to solution

Confusing... everything I see in search, says/suggests that premium channels need to be purchase THRU roku to be included in Roku Chanel.

I (finally) just bought Roku TV for my mom for christmas, to make things easy/all in one place...
- now Im second guessing my purchase... Roku support kind of pawned me off, here. This sux. Smiley Sad

renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

To be included in The Roku Channel they have to be purchased through Roku.  If the provider has a separate Roku channel/app then they probably have a way to sign up directly bypassing Roku Pay.

0 Kudos