Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajdilorenzo
Level 7

Loading Bar on Movies Anywhere App

The last few days I have noticed that when I pay a movie on my Roku 3600 Movies Anywhere app, sporadically a loading bar will come up in the middle of the movie.  Sometimes it will then continue playing, other times I have to exit out.  It has never done this the entire time I've used the MA app for almost a year.  None of my other Roku channels are acting this way.  Did a speed test and it clocks in routinely at or above 50 mps.

I did notice that in my daughter's room, she has a Roku 3800 and it does not appear to be popping up in there from the 2 movies we watched all the way through to test.

Anyone else experiencing anything like that with the MA app on Roku?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Loading Bar on Movies Anywhere App

"ajdilorenzo" wrote:
The last few days I have noticed that when I pay a movie on my Roku 3600 Movies Anywhere app, sporadically a loading bar will come up in the middle of the movie.  Sometimes it will then continue playing, other times I have to exit out.  It has never done this the entire time I've used the MA app for almost a year.  None of my other Roku channels are acting this way.  Did a speed test and it clocks in routinely at or above 50 mps.

I did notice that in my daughter's room, she has a Roku 3800 and it does not appear to be popping up in there from the 2 movies we watched all the way through to test.

I have a family member who has a 3600 Stick. I'll inquire and report back.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

It's been a while since I've used MA, but I don't recall seeing that before. I'll keep my eyes on it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"ajdilorenzo" wrote:
The last few days I have noticed that when I pay a movie on my Roku 3600 Movies Anywhere app, sporadically a loading bar will come up in the middle of the movie. Sometimes it will then continue playing, other times I have to exit out. It has never done this the entire time I've used the MA app for almost a year. None of my other Roku channels are acting this way. Did a speed test and it clocks in routinely at or above 50 mps.

I just finished watching "The Man Who Knew Too Much" on Movies Anywhere on my Roku 3600 Stick. No interruptions of any kind. Whatever is happening on your end, it's not strictly the 3600. Since it's not happening on your 3800, it may be your network, your ISP, the Internet between your location and the Movies Anywhere servers, or any combination, in conjunction with the 3600. It could be something like another device that's near the 3600 interfering enough with the signal to cause it to buffer.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos