Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinsmagic
Level 7

LiveXLive stops playing music

I've contacted LiveXLive support and they asked for logs from the Roku device and that I would need to contact Roku support. Does this happen to anyone else?

20210728_114342.jpg

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: LiveXLive stops playing music

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

I just installed the app and played the initial content "The Weekly Pop 40" without issue.

1) Check for updates:   Settings/System/System Updates./Check now - try again

2) Remove LiveXLive app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart/Restart), re-install LiveXLive app  (MUST do it in this order) - try again

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@StreamerUser wrote:

Remove LiveXLive app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart/Restart), re-install LiveXLive app  (MUST do it in this order) - try again

Note that if you have a ROKU TV, as opposed to a separate Roku device connected to a tv, the menu path is Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
twinsmagic
Level 7

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply.  I did do as instructed on my Roku 3 however the issue just happened again. LivexLive says I need the logs from my device and that Roku support needs to help with that. Any ideas how to get the logs?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I don't think I've ever heard of Roku recording logs of activities.  It's not like it can write to your computer disk.

Edited to add:

I just installed LiveXLive to explore this issue and it's been going for about 20 minutes now.  How long is yours going before it stops?

But then, I'm not not playing Alternative Hits (not my cup of tea) as shown in your photo.  To me, the error message shown sounds like a problem at their server, rather than with the Roku -- i.e. a problem finding or playing the next file in the queue that their software does not recover from gracefully.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
StreamerUser

@twinsmagic wrote:

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply.  I did do as instructed on my Roku 3 however the issue just happened again. LivexLive says I need the logs from my device and that Roku support needs to help with that. Any ideas how to get the logs?

There is no user-accessible way to access the complete device logs.

You can generate an Issue ID (Home 5x, Back 5x) as soon as it happens next time, and provide that to Roku CS/LiveXLive CS.

Otherwise you'd need to contact Roku CS directly: 

chat/email:       https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options          (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

StreamerUser

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos