Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV sticks on channels, won't exit

@bcx wrote:

I am looking at a replacement.

I would not disagree with replacing it. I think any device you got as a replacement would be a huge step up. However, until you do that, you certainly want your current device to work as well as it can. If the issue is with Roku Channel, try the remove/reboot/replace process and see if that clears out any garbage and lets it run properly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
bcx
Channel Surfer

I uninstalled, the reinstalled Roku channel. Then, channel 456 started, then Roku crashed.

I will try agaian later.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@bcx wrote:

I uninstalled, the reinstalled Roku channel. ...

You missed a step.

1. Uninstall the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Gotta do all three. You only listed 1 and 3, and never said you did 2. That's important.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

On mine, I can't recall if I can reach the Home window, but I think so. And no, this has only begun happening in the last couple weeks, and is an intermittent occurrence, maybe 25-35% of the time. I have been using the Roku Channel for about a year, so this is a recent thing.

0 Kudos