Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGJ
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

My issue was resolved within 48 hrs of reporting - Thank you and I hope others are as pleased with the response as I was. 

0 Kudos
GStobie

Not a bit better.

0 Kudos

hisense model 43h4+

hardware id 8266x

serial yk00pt442535

software 10.5.0

0 Kudos
MacsOpinion
Reel Rookie

RCA Model RTRU5527-B-US

Hardware ID 7815X

Serial YN008R992768

Software version 11.5.0 Build 4312-AM

It's been a few days now that only one channel (44.1) just started displaying a black screen. The channel info says I have full strength and it also displays the current show that is playing and a full description of the show. The channel guide even shows the thumbnail image of the current show running.
The other channel 4.1 works fine.

0 Kudos
ANDYPROFANE
Reel Rookie

My Roku channels are intermittently black-screen.  Some channels work and others do not.  The menu shows what's supposed to be playing, but clicking to select the channel and everything is black.  Sometimes clicking "back" and "back" again will display the channel, and sometimes hitting the arrow keys up and down will finally display the channel, but some channels will never display and only show black.  This just started happening recently.  All was well until about a month ago.  No settings or cables were changed or moved.  What happened???

0 Kudos
MacsOpinion
Reel Rookie

This happened to me a few times already. And it actually happened again today. What you need to do is go into settings and search for channels again. I know it’s a pain in the **bleep**, but I guess it’s because networks change their signal once in a while. This is not a Roku problem is the TV Netwerk changing their settings on their end.

ANDYPROFANE
Reel Rookie

*FIXED (mine, at least).  I had certain Roku channels just stop working and only showing a black screen, when my system settings said I was connected through WiFi to my network, and I had a good strong signal strength, so I didn't think that was the issue.  Reading other forums on similar issues, someone noted to try restarting the modem.  I tried this and all my channels are working again.  Even though my connections & bandwidth were fine, something in the modem was messing up the communication.  Hopefully this will help someone else!

0 Kudos

Is there a fix for this yet, someone please help me out, thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Falvarez0218 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wesleyball

I removed the usb I was using for the pause live TV function. Fixed the problem. Came back when I tried to set up the pause function again. At least the live TV works again. Maybe a bad usb drive. 

0 Kudos