Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teakcr

Re: Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

Same issue with a new 32" ONN TV.  The only difference is that I started noticing this specific problem after setting up a brand new SanDisk Cruiser 16GB USB stick.  I don't normally use this TV (it is my father's), but he has been complaining of a non-specific issue with the picture cutting out.  When I power the TV on and off, the last channel I was on comes through, and if I change the channel, I get a black screen.  But if I press pause, it appears that the USB stick is recording a picture the entire time, and I get a thumbnail showing the images, but the TV will not display the picture even when trying to view what appears to be recorded on the USB drive.  I rescanned for channels, and have the same issue.  Following the advice of other customers, I have found that if I change the channel in the guide to a different channel, then choose the channel that wasn't coming in while in the guide, the TV will tune the channel in.  When I get a black screen, the TV information bar shows one bar for the antenna, but when I choose the same channel from the guide and tune the TV channel back in, it always says 5 bars.  We currently have the TV connected to an 8ft aerial antenna, with a signal amplifier, so I am sure the signal is good.  The information from the TV is as follows:

Roku TV:  D820X

Onn Model:  100012589

Serial Number:  X00700DGDJES

Software version:  11.0.0 build 4193-c4

Rustybeach
Reel Rookie

My TV randomly started working correctly a couple of weeks ago, late April. It is working fine still.

0 Kudos
So1dier
Channel Surfer

Issue happening again on my other TV as well:

Model: a110x

Serial: x00300wmacux (s055y99macux)

Software: 11.0.0 build 4193-88

I'd ux-193-010

0 Kudos

My Mom is having the same problem with her element 32 inch 

0 Kudos
Bob1965
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue, waiting for a fix

Roku TV: DEO4X

Westinghouse Mode : WR43FX2212

Software version: 11.0.0 * build 4193-d5

0 Kudos
koslux

Hi I have the same problem.  TCL model 55S535. Serial number X00300XKS9F1  Software version 11.0.2 build 4059-88.  I have a blank screen, no channel navigation, antenna stations.  No antenna channel listing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with Live TV showing a black screen and you have already updated your Roku TV to the latest OS 11.0, can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigate further:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-exact steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you is happening on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob1965
Reel Rookie

Mine started working again, so all is good. (knock on wood)

0 Kudos
Aniel9-6-3

I am having the Same problem it all started last night I was currently watching something on Netflix and next thing I see there’s no picture but sound, I tried everything I saw online and YouTube and I even try resetting and nothing. When I turn my flashlight from my phone I do see something really faded to pick a language, it doesn’t let me even pick with the remote or the tv buttons @Roku #Roku #TCL #TVTCL

0 Kudos
Celeste1
Channel Surfer

First the bass boost is gone, now I can't access my antenna channels, the arrow won't work to access the channels and its only on that channel I stopped on. Whats going on with roku? This new update sucks. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos