Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

I have a 43 inch Westinghouse TV that has been updated to 11.0.0 and my TV is working fine Yes, I have an antennae connected to the TV.

0 Kudos
DGJ
Reel Rookie

Same - I can access the new live channels within the Roku app when I reinstall it but if I open live TV from by TLC tv it breaks the new stations (this month's) to black screen - including on the app install fix. The rest of the live channels com through fine for me. Would like to access the new channels consistently as they include really great Asian, and British content. 

0 Kudos
So1dier
Channel Surfer

Same thing happening for me. I have 2 TCL TVs, started happening on both of them at the exact same time ( a few days ago). One of the TVs is running Roku 11 and the other one is running 10.5 version of the operating system. So it doesn't seem to be version specific.

0 Kudos
Paulojr67
Reel Rookie

Same problem here in my Philco Roku TV 32"

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with Live TV showing a black screen and you have already updated your Roku TV to the latest OS 11.0, can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigate further:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you is happening on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
notquitestr8t
Reel Rookie

Suddenly started working again for me. Nothing changed on my end. Version 10.5.0, build 4210  shows as up to date.. Unable to update to 11.0. 

So1dier
Channel Surfer

Yes, it suddenly started working for me again as well (as of yesterday I believe). Works on both 10.5 and 11 version of the OS. 

0 Kudos
chanimal
Reel Rookie

Wanted to update the thread to say that the live channel switching is working again for me as well. My TV's software was last updated on 4/26/22. 

For reference here's my TV's information below: 

• Roku TV: A119X
  • TCL model: 55S535
  • Software version: 11.0.0 - build 5004-88
0 Kudos
So1dier
Channel Surfer

It now reverted back and it's not working again! For a few weeks the issue was gone but it's back now.

Roku TV: A111X

Tgl model: 65q825

Software 11.0.0 build 4193-88

0 Kudos
So1dier
Channel Surfer

Just did 5 homes followed by 5 back buttons.

Issue Id: u3-192-197

Serial#: x003009sduu3 (s056y9csduu3)

Model: a111x

Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-88

0 Kudos