Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rustybeach
Reel Rookie

Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

When I change channels on Live TV, antenna, not roku channel, I only get a black screen. If I press the home button, select Live tv, I get which ever channel I stopped on. If I use up or down to change channel, the screen goes black. When I return to the previously working channel, it will now be black. If I hit home again, Live tv, which ever channel I stopped on comes back.

Tags (2)
60 REPLIES 60
chanimal
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV not working, black screen except when using home button first

Bumping this because I'm having the same issue on a TCL Roku TV. Live channel switching on the remote does not work anymore as of updating to Software Version 11.0.0, Build: 4180 as of 4/21/22. I have to either turn off/on the TV or select a live channel using the channel guide for the channel to work properly.

Is there a fix for this or is there a way to roll back to an earlier software version?

Thanks.

edv
Channel Surfer

Same problem on my TCL series 8 since the update to 11.0.0 - unable to use the remote's up and down arrows to change Live TV channels.  I've tried several restarts but not a full reset to fix. Workarounds, such as selecting a new channel off the guide or using voice commands, are cumbersome.

0 Kudos
Gmanp4734

I have the same problem on my

TCL 65" Class 6-Series 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 65R625 since the 11.0.0 update.  anyone have a solution yet?

I have the exact same problem on two of my TVs one is the TCL series 4 and the other one is an Onn. 

It only happens to live over the air channels. If I'm watching any digital live channels it works just fine but as soon as I go to a live over the air channel and try to arrow up or down I get the blank screen. 

The problem started the exact same day. I've done a factory reset on both of them and it did not fix the problem.

Tech support please help us out.. it's getting really annoying hearing everybody in my family yelling at me to fix this... 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Bringing this to the attention of @RokuDanny-R 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AnglerinVA

It's happening with my ONN Roku TV as well after the recent update. I am really hoping they can get this bug fixed soon. However I will resort to going to the channel guide 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Just for data point, am not seeing this behavior on my Insignia RokuTV.  (OS 11.0.0, build 4180-49).

At least, not yet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
glazeman

We have same issue with new 40 inch Hisense Roku. Live tv issue when you change channel screen goes black, tv is in sleepmode possibly because another button push shuts tv off. This is dogdirt. I sure would like to  quit wasting time on this garbage. Tried the unplug then restart, same junk. Anyone find a solution?

notquitestr8t
Reel Rookie

I am joining this group thread as I am having the same issue. I tried all the usual fixes, Home 5 times, up arrow, rewind 2 and F Forward 2. Also pulled the plug for 1 minute and restarted. No joy. Software is "up to date"  at Version 10.5.0 build 4210, so doesn't appear to be software related. Roku TV A108X, TCL model 65R625. Just started experiencing this today (4/24/2022)