Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorhett
Level 7

List view for folders + files on Media Player

I have a new Roku 3 and have installed the Roku Media Player channel. I like it, the playback works fine with three different DLNA servers I have in the house. (the main one is Plex)

The major problem for me is the flattened, sideways display of titles. I have thousands of files in dozens of folders. I don't actually care for preview or thumbnails, I would really much rather see a folder/file display list.

Am I missing something? Is there a different DLNA player which would give me the file list view?
0 Kudos
21 Replies
GameCrusader
Level 7

Re: List view for folders + files on Media Player

I always wanted the same thing. Hopefully someday.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=74908
0 Kudos
bwaldron
Level 9

I'd also love to see this.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

This is on our the list of enhancements for RMP.
0 Kudos
GameCrusader
Level 7

Awesome! Please let us know when you do and I will be replacing all my WD TV Live players!
0 Kudos
GameCrusader
Level 7

Hey RokuDale,

take a good look at Kodi (if you are not already). When it comes to the layout they do probably one of the best jobs in terms of options.
0 Kudos
jeer232002
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
This is on our the list of enhancements for RMP.

I must say I love roku media player . I was using ps3 media sever-before hand and roku is much better I love the cover art for folders and mp4 files
Any update on this on this tho?
. been 8 months Smiley Happy-

hugs Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
GameCrusader
Level 7

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will finally update the Media Player app for the Roku 4!?
0 Kudos
jeer232002
Level 7

"GameCrusader" wrote:
Maybe we'll get lucky and they will finally update the Media Player app for the Roku 4!?

Ya lets hope .. a view system and a tv volume bottom is all I wish the roku had other then that . I LOVE YOU ROKU
0 Kudos
CAdestiny
Level 7

Would love to see a list view option available--especially when viewing the streaming content on my media server. I have WAY too many titles to easily view using the current thumbnail previews. Hope this feature/option makes an appearance soon...

It would also be great to have that option for streaming services as well, but less important to me.

As the new (and first-time) owner of a 2015 Roku 2, this is my biggest current critique. Otherwise, I think it's great!
0 Kudos