Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prettynsmiling
Level 7

List of differences of programs and apps between USA and Canada. How do they compare?

Jump to solution

Can someone please list the differences between programming and the apps available between Roku USA and Roku Canada? I live in Canada and have a Roku stick plus and getting a Roku ultra 2016 from a friend.  I want to see a list of available or differences in both or countries.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: List of differences of programs and apps between USA and Canada. How do they compare?

Jump to solution

There really is no list available that I am aware of. While the majority of content on US based Roku devices is also available in Canada, there will be some differences in programming within some provider's channels, and there will be some channels only available in one country or the other. 

For example, Netflix and Prime Video is available on Roku in both countries. But they will not offer the exact same content in both countries, because they have contracts with the content owners that specify where they are permitted to stream the content. I can't offer any specific differences, but I know they exist. I know there are some Canada only channels, but again I can't pull their names off the top of my head. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: List of differences of programs and apps between USA and Canada. How do they compare?

Jump to solution

There really is no list available that I am aware of. While the majority of content on US based Roku devices is also available in Canada, there will be some differences in programming within some provider's channels, and there will be some channels only available in one country or the other. 

For example, Netflix and Prime Video is available on Roku in both countries. But they will not offer the exact same content in both countries, because they have contracts with the content owners that specify where they are permitted to stream the content. I can't offer any specific differences, but I know they exist. I know there are some Canada only channels, but again I can't pull their names off the top of my head. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos