Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thisisabsurd
Reel Rookie

List of channel #'s on Roku Live?

Jump to solution

A press release ( https://www.roku.com/blog/the-roku-channel-linear-launch ) on the Roku Blog said there are new linear channels on the Roku Live channel.  Is there a list of these in numerical or alphabetical order.   I can find the Red Green Channel when I search the Roku web site, but when I search for it on the roku device it isn't found.   I would suppose it doesn't have the granularity to list the channels inside Roku Live. 

Going through all the channels in Roku live on the Roku itself is tedious.  Is there a current list of channels on Roku live so I can go to it by #.   They're in numerical order, but not alphabetical order. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: List of channel #'s on Roku Live?

Jump to solution

@thisisabsurd 

The Red Green Channel is on the Roku Channel channel 818. 

Using the Search function from your home screen should have given you the results.  It shows it as a Live TV channel on the Roku Channel.  You then have to select OK on your remote so it launches the channel.  Then press Left arrow button to bring up the Guide which will show you the Channel numbers.

Remember to keep your stick on the ice and carry plenty of duct tape.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@thisisabsurd 

You're confusing channels with apps. And that's understandable because of the way Roku treats apps. Roku doesn't call apps, well, apps. They call apps channels. Which can be confusing.

The Channel Store is simply an app store. The Roku Channel is an app. Roku is a platform on which apps run. The Roku Channel is simply one of the apps that runs on Roku.

The Red Green Channel is a channel, not an app. It's a channel that can be found on The Roku Channel (which isn't a channel, but an app). You won't find it in the Channel Store, because the Channel Store doesn't contain channels, but rather, it's where you find apps.

Like I said, it's easy to get confused.

But, to your question, there is no list of channels (actual channels, not apps) that are in the Live TV section of The Roku Channel (an app).

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@thisisabsurd 

The Red Green Channel is on the Roku Channel channel 818. 

Using the Search function from your home screen should have given you the results.  It shows it as a Live TV channel on the Roku Channel.  You then have to select OK on your remote so it launches the channel.  Then press Left arrow button to bring up the Guide which will show you the Channel numbers.

Remember to keep your stick on the ice and carry plenty of duct tape.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar 

Thank you for that update. I was not aware they had added channels (not apps) from the Roku Channel (the app) to the Channel Store (for apps).

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
thisisabsurd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, it is a linear channel (not app) on the Roku Live app (not channel). 

Searching the website for Roku you can find the Red Green Channel and watch it. but it seems there is no search or list of channels for the channels in the Roku Live app.

However, as far as I can see there is no way to search for it on the Roku device.  That there is no list of channels on or for the Roku Live app channels.   Clearly there is a list, as I can scroll through it but I can't CTRL-F or anything similar or consult an alphabetical list.  Scrolling to find something is a terrible user interface, but Roku is indeed known for its terrible user interfaces. 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

It won't show up during  a search of the online Roku Channel Store. (Still reserved for Channels/apps that can be installed as stand-alone).  

The Live TV  Channels and shows will only show up under the Home Screen Search (with a little signal  icon meaning Live TV channel).  

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@thisisabsurd 

You can either do it two ways.

From the Home Screen (press home a couple of times), you should see "Search" on the left side of your screen. (ie. you should see Home, Featured Free, Expore, My Feed, Movie Store, TV Store, Search, Streaming Channels, My Offers, and Settings).  You choose "Search" to look for shows, content, and channels/apps.  "Streaming Channels" is more for channels/apps and not content.

From within the Roku Channel itself, you should be able to press the Up arrow button and find a "Search" (magnifying glass) feature.  It is right above the "Featured Content"

If you have the "LiveTV on the Roku Channel" channel/app installed (the one that takes you directly to the Live TV channels), there is no "Search" feature in that one.  You are correct that it should be implemented there.

I actually enter the Roku Channel first and select Live TV from there.

nmxn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm brand new to Roku & already frustrated. The genre search method is terrible. Why isn't there at least an alphabetical search? Before I opened an account & ordered my RSS4k+, I found the two channels that my wife & I watch - Acorn TV & Britbox. Now I can't find them, If I can't find them & get them added. How & where can I find these two channels & get them added?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@nmxn, this doesn't have anything to do with channel numbers on Live TV.  However, where are you located?  That can make a big difference as to what channels are available to you.  Both of those channels/apps are available in the US Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/ae9a77e6a02e540039dccfcd6fc53706/britbox
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/272ba82f0e179295b316d12896f9cdbc/acorn-tv

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nmxn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am located in the US - New Mexico. I noticed this morning that Roku or my account seem to think that I am in Great Britain. While trying the links that you provided, which sent me back to the Channel Store, I notice a small message that I was searching for US channels. I checked my acct, but nothing there that would cause anyone to think that I'm in GB. I think that's the problem but I don't know how to change it.

0 Kudos