Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CandiD
Reel Rookie

Lifetime keeps going to home screen

I have tried restarting, unplugging and uninstalling the channel and everytime I start streaming on just the Lifetime channel it kicks me back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Lifetime keeps going to home screen

@CandiD 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you made sure that you rebooted your device after you uninstalled the channel and before adding the channel back again?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider again to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Shawkins
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issues with my Lifetime channel. I have tried so many things to fix the problem but nothing has worked! Please tell me how you were able to fix the problem for good!

Thank you 

CandiD
Reel Rookie

I ended up uninstalling  and reinstalling it and that seemed to work good. Havent had any problems from it since then.

0 Kudos
Shawkins
Reel Rookie

I've already done all those things & it's still doing the same thing. 

Lifetime app not working

The Lifetime app has been extremely buggy for weeks. It 1) keeps exiting the show we are watching and returning to the home page mid episode 2) when we restart the show it will start at the wrong place. And 3) it always does this right after a commercial break and when you restart the show it makes you rewatch all of the commercials a second time. It is so frustrating we are close to giving up on watching the network.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Lifetime app not working

Well about all you can do is contact Lifetime directly and give them feedback.

Its their baby to keep up.

There will be a Major update soonish which might help.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shawkins 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure that after removing the channel you restart your device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Lifetime directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Lifetime channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://mylifetime.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My question is why does the consumer/customer need to reach out to Lifetime?  If Roku is aware that it is an issue with multiple, multiple people, why don't they bear the responsibility?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PettyPatricia,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? 

Please be noted that this is an outdated thread. To answer your question, channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In some cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve any channel playback issue.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos