Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: “Launch failed” and “can’t run channel”

I have tried several apps.  Right now I am on my TCL Roku TV.  I am able to run Hulu.  But get a Can't run channel message when I try the following:  The Roku Channel; Prime Video; and I get a Launch failed message when I try to launch Netflix.  I have removed all the apps which we don't use and now have 12 apps in total on the Home screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We are now on about 2 weeks with this problem.  These apps do work on our 2 laptops, 1 desktop and 1 tablet which use the network at different times.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

When deleting the apps and re-adding them, are you remembering to reboot the Roku in-between those steps (this is a VERY necessary step)?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
When deleting the apps and re-adding them, are you remembering to reboot the Roku in-between those steps (this is a VERY necessary step)?

I continually get this message.  I dropped down all my apps and maybe have a total of 30 at this point.  I don't have an SD card.  Every week I have to reboot entire system to get it working again.  This issue seems like it has been ongoing for roku for quite some time.  Are there any solutions that are permanent? Other than "reboot"?  I see people with this problem going back years.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"pfmx3" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:

I continually get this message.  I dropped down all my apps and maybe have a total of 30 at this point.  I don't have an SD card.  Every week I have to reboot entire system to get it working again.  This issue seems like it has been ongoing for roku for quite some time.  Are there any solutions that are permanent? Other than "reboot"?  I see people with this problem going back years.

I agree, does Roku have an actual fix to this problem? I assume there isn't one as they never seem to answer the question. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Whats wrong with roku device? my aunt lives in Chicago IL, she owns a Roku fire stick device. each time when she try to stream any video, it say's streaming failed?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"mark96" wrote:
Whats wrong with roku device? my aunt lives in Chicago IL, she owns a Roku fire stick device. each time when she try to stream any video, it say's streaming failed?

Does she own a Roku Stick or a Fire Stick. Roku Sticks aren't Fire Sticks, just like Chevrolets aren't Fords.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've had this problem on two Roku (Ultra and a 4) devices for over a year with multiple versions of the software. I've never seen an explanation or a fix. The error messages don't make sense because I always have a good network connection, and plenty of space on the devices. My only reliable action to correct the problem is to restart the device which usually lasts for a day or two until I need to do it again. The boot time is long, the little song maddening, but I put up with it because I don't have any other choice.

If anyone is interested in looking into this problem I'll be happy to invest my time and devices to help. If anyone has a solution, please post it here because I'm tired of restarting.

Thanks. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just started getting this on Google apps (Google Play and Youtube). I have an Insignia Roku TV. I set it back to factory settings and that worked for a day. Then it started with the "can't load channel" routine. Then I saw there was an update and that fixed nothing. All other Roku devices work fine.

Union, KY
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Hi there, 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with those channels. Have you contacted Google Play or YouTube support yet to report the issue and request additional support they may be able to provide? Does this occur with any other channels on your device? 

I'd also recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku TV home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart and restart your TV. Once it loads up again, try adding the channels back once more and see if this resolves the issue. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos