Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottdanny22
Level 7

Re: Latest firmware update causing issues

my onkyo txsr806 reciever worked flawlessly for years with roku until this up date ruined my whole home theatre set up

0 Kudos
scottdanny22
Level 7

my reciever and tv will recognize the roku premiere but thats it the home screen after the logo dosent even come up

0 Kudos
scottdanny22
Level 7

ok i have a home theatrer samsung plasma  and a onkyo tsr806 amp everything goes throgh via hdmi input it has worked for years perfect all of a sudden afterr your up daTE I  cant even get to the home page  nothing that update ruined it

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@scottdanny22 first, connect your Roku directly to the TV, bypassing the AVR. We need to test everything in the video stream. If you have a different HDMI cable, it would be good to swap that as well.

Exactly what OS version is your Premiere on? Saying the "latest" doesn't mean much, as different models get different versions. Also, exactly what model Premiere do you have? Roku keeps reusing names on completely different hardware, so sometimes that makes a difference. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
scottdanny22
Level 7

ok the roku model is 4640x  i have swapped hdmi cables and the roku will worl if i bypass my recviever  but it used to work with the reciever i have an onkyo txsr806 that everything goes through via hdmi a samsung 55 inch plasma defenitive tech towers defenetive tech clr2000 center chanell deftech dual subs and deftech surrounds 

0 Kudos
scottdanny22
Level 7

10.00 build4205 is operating system roku

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for that. The 4640 is an Ultra, not a Premiere, and completely different hardware. My 4640 is connected to a Yamaha AVR and feeding a Samsung 4K TV. I don't have any issues with it, although I'd have to confirm exactly what OS version it has. Since it's in our bedroom and my wife has gone to sleep, I can't check it now. My newest Ultra 4800 is connected to another Yamaha AVR and feeding an LG 4K TV, and I'm watching it right now. 

Back to the troubleshooting. Again, connect the Roku directly to the TV and see if it works. If it does, then there's an issue with either your AVR or the HDMI cable(s). If it still doesn't work, the next step is to try the Roku on a different TV.

If it's still not working, then there's been a failure of some type of the player itself. It's not the OS update that directly caused it, but it simply happened to fail with the power cycle of the update. 

Dan

0 Kudos
scottdanny22
Level 7

it says software version 10.0.0 build 4195 on my ultra 4640x

0 Kudos
atc98092

Build 4205 was released today. Not certain when it will roll out to your player, but should be soon. My 4800 got it today, and I don't think this build is specific to the 4800. Some past builds were specific to it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
felix747
Level 7

Hello,

PLUTO channel consistently crashes and can take up to 60 seconds or more between key presses and the player responding.  Model 3910RW ROKU Express+.  The previous OS prior to v10.0 was slow but much more responsive.  I would like a way to downgrade to the previous OS 9.x.