Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob5560g
Level 7

Landlord provides internet

I added the History Channel to my Roku channels. But I want to watch shows that are locked (so I guess I need to subscribe?). They sent me a code which I entered on my PC. I selected my ISP and was sent to a log in screen to log into my ISP account. My internet is provided by my corporate landlord so I do not have access to that info, nor can I get it. 

What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Landlord provides internet

Thats called "TV Everywhere", and those codes are for activating apps for TV content that you otherwise subscribe to via TV service provider.

They are not asking for your ISP (Internet Service Provider), they are asking for your TV service provider (as in, whomever you have TV service with:  e.g. Spectrum, Cox, DirectTV, Dish, etc.

If you dont have TV service, you wont be able to activate the locked content in those apps.

0 Kudos
bob5560g
Level 7

Thabk you for the reply. It seems that I misspoke, it did indeed ask for my TV Service provider (not my ISP), but it's the same problem. It's provided by the landlord (or possibly a sub-landlord) in my 18 story apartment building. I still have no access log in for the TV service provider.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Unless you have an account with the TV service provider (login credentials), you wont be able to utilize TVE (TV Everywhere).

You can contact your landlord and ask them who the TV service provider is, and if they provide TVE credentials.

Otherwise, you'll have to pay for additional TV service (OTT perhaps, such as YouTube TV or Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, etc) and use your credentials from that to utilize the TVE functionality.

0 Kudos