Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KlowdTV
Level 8

For the last few days I cannot get KlowdTV to start.  I select the ap and it looks like it is going to start and the it goes back to the KlowdTV ap image.  I have checked for updates to KlowdTV and Roku and I am up to date.  Everything else comes up including a bunch of obscure channels.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: KlowdTV

Jump to solution

Just to be sure ...

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Newt18
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just to close the loop on this, I emailed KlowdTV Tech Support right after posting this issue on June 15.  They responded to me within about an hour and promised to send a patch to ROKU.  The problem was fixed within 24 hours and the KlowdTV channel has been working perfectly for over a week now.  Contrary to what I have read in some postings, I would give high marks to Klowd Tech Support.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14\
icecold
Level 7

Jump to solution

Been experiencing same thing. KlowdTV Roku app not opening last couple days.

KlowdTV
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding.  I have been communicating with KlowdTV but you know how they are.  They always think it is your problem.

I have a TCL Roku tv and it will not connect to KlowdTV and I have another Roku I used before I got the new TV and it will not connect.  So, I think it is them and not us.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just to be sure ...

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Newt18
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have 5 ROKU streaming sticks in 5 different TV in two different homes, and KlowdTV stopped working on all of them a few days ago. I have uninstalled/reinstalled KlowdTV on two of the streaming sticks and it made no difference. I have to conclude that the problem is with the Klowd service.

0 Kudos
KevCar21
Level 7

Jump to solution

I completed these steps to no avail. I am only having issues on my Roku devices. My iPad, iPhone Klowd tv apps work just fine. It appears to be a compatibility issue with Roku and their Klowd tv app.

KlowdTVOfficial
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, a the new update will be made available for all users Wednesday. It should auto update if not you can check for updates by highlighting the channel icon and pressing the * button.

KlowdTVOfficial
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, a the new update will be made available for all users tonight. It should auto update if not you can check for updates by highlighting the channel icon and pressing the * button.

0 Kudos
K72
Level 8

Jump to solution

That didn’t work

0 Kudos
Synot
Level 7

Jump to solution

Update coming? Ok thanks.