Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfielder
Level 7

Keeps going back to home screen

When I try to open up Discovery Go (all other channels work fine), it keeps going back to the home screen. I’ve tried uninstalling, rebooting (restarting from settings and unplugging) and reinstalling and it doesn’t work.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Tajson
Level 8

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

"mfielder" wrote:
When I try to open up Discovery Go (all other channels work fine), it keeps going back to the home screen. I’ve tried uninstalling, rebooting (restarting from settings and unplugging) and reinstalling and it doesn’t work.

Then you are doing something wrong. Uninstall, restart through the menu system, reinstall, and log in.
Or maybe, you need to send the mothership a signal by pressing Home 5  times, Up, Rewind, and Fast Forward twice.
0 Kudos
AwesomeDale
Level 7

You aren’t doing anything wrong. My Roku Ultra model 4660W running software version 9.0.0 build 4142-46 is currently doing the exact same thing. It was working fine yesterday (on the same device/version), so I’m not sure what is going on. I hope it doesn’t have anything to do with Disney’s takeover of Hulu earlier this week.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note. Are you still experiencing this issue? I tested this morning, and the channel appears to be working normally.

If uninstalling the channel, restarting the device and reinstalling the channel hasn't resolved your issue, we'd recommend that you follow up with the channel provider directly to report the behavior you are seeing and request more help.

Discovery Go support can be reached here: https://www.discovery.com/general/faq?u ... m=redirect

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mfielder
Level 7

Yes still having the problem. I reached out to DiscoveryGo, we’ll see what they have to say. It’s funny that it’s not Roku yet it’s a problem all over these boards.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mfielder 

Is this same behavior occurring on other channels (apps) on your device? If not, this is usually a good indication that the issue relates to that specific channel. Channel providers develop and maintain their own channels for the most part, so they would need to investigate the issue you are running into in order to resolve it (if it's not occurring on multiple channels on your device). 

Please keep us posted with what you hear. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mfielder
Level 7

Tanner,
This is the only channel doing this. Do you know if they actually respond? I got an email back from discovery that they don’t have time to answer every email and to look in their FAQs which I already did and they said to do the same thing Roku does (to delete, restart, reinstall).
0 Kudos
mfielder
Level 7

Do you think doing a factory reset would help?
0 Kudos
bondmar
Level 7

I am currently having same issue....  Roku Ultra connected via ethernet to my TV...Tried everything I can think of.. Removed channel, re-started Roku, reinstalled channel and still does not work.... Spins and then goes back to home screen..  Discovery Go works fine on my phone..
0 Kudos
bondmar
Level 7

Thought about doing a factory re-set but all other channel apps work so does not make sense to factory reset for just one channel..
0 Kudos