Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garywi
Level 7

Keeps Losing Credentials

It there any password management app on Roku.  I am so kick of re-entering credentials.  I would pay any amount of money to not have to do this ROKU!

Anyone find an external keyboards that works.  The phone app is still frustrating for this

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thetick
Level 8

Re: Keeps Losing Credentials

Nope .  I just keep my laptop on the couch as I ALWAYS have to re-authenticate with Roku.  I actually use my Chromecast more recently just because if I have to-re-authenticate yet again with a PC it is easier to click one button to cast with Chromecast!

Yes a keyboard is a must in my opinion.  I actually use a very old Blackberry Classic with a great keyboard and http:\\remoku.tv .  No cell service is needed as I use home wifi.  The old (some may call worthless) Blackberry makes a very nice Roku remote with a wonderful fully functional keyboard.

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@garywi wrote:

It there any password management app on Roku.  I am so kick of re-entering credentials.  I would pay any amount of money to not have to do this ROKU!

Anyone find an external keyboards that works.  The phone app is still frustrating for this

No, there is no password management. The Roku players don't have enough memory for storing such information. And no, there's no external keyboard that can be connected. The phone app is your only option.

What channels are you losing your credentials? I never have to re-enter them for Amazon, YouTube, Pandora, Vudu, MoviesAnywhere or Google Play. I'm not sure I have any other channels that require authentication. When I had Netflix, I never needed to to that one either. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
garywi
Level 7

Thank you.  Motortrend keeps loosing credentials.  

0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

"What channels are you losing your credentials? I never have to re-enter them for Amazon, YouTube, Pandora, Vudu, MoviesAnywhere or Google Play. I'm not sure I have any other channels that require authentication. When I had Netflix, I never needed to to that one either. "

Well lets see.. ESPN, FOX NOW, BTN, NBC Sports, FS1, Discovery Go, Animal Planet etc... basically ALL channels that require cable/FIOS account to unlock!

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos