Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Keep users logged into channels

Why do I have to log into channels more than the initial setup? My cable provider hasn’t changed, nothing is different on my account yet I have to activate on a frequent basis 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Keep users logged into channels

You know nothing has changed but the channel doesn't. Most will occasionally ask you to re-login occasionally with your cable credentials to show them you are still paying for their sevices via your cable subscription.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Keep users logged into channels

While your explanation makes sense, there should be some mechanism built in to check with the already logged in info.  It is utter BS that I have to ever login again to activate if there haven't been changes.  CNN makes me login every week or so, and I use it on 3 tv's.  My cable provider hasn't changed in years.  Seems simple enough to be able to store the provider info like Apple does and when the channel wants to verify, let it do that in the background.  They could do it daily if they're so scared someone's gonna get anything "free" from them. FIX THIS BS!

0 Kudos