Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Keep getting booted from Sling TV

@szlaird  Thanks for reaching out. Have you followed the steps, in order, outlined here to troubleshoot the channel installation on your Roku device? https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

If removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back once more isn't resolving the issue, you'll need to follow up directly with Sling support to report the issue and request additional help with their channel (app) on the Roku platform. Each channel is built and maintained by the channel service provider themselves, and they can best assist with any issue you might run into when using their channel. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Blind7080
Level 7

This happens on basically all the apps on my Roku tv  (HBO, CBS, Netflix, Hulu Live, and sometimes YouTube), and Sling is the worst. Sling works fine on my laptop, so I'm pretty sure it's just Roku's issue.

This has been an ongoing problem since I got this useless tv a couple of years ago. It's also always done this fun thing where the screen randomly goes blank and the tv just restarts after about an hour or so on any app. Customer service has not been particularly helpful in either case, but I understand that they can't provide solutions to problems that are being ignored.

I understand my tv was relatively inexpensive, but I just don't think there's any excuse for these problems to continue for so long without any attempt on Roku's part to actually fix them or improve the platform. To me, these constant malfunctions and the useless updates are a sign that Roku will soon be obsolete. When we look back in five years, I wouldn't be surprised if Roku is basically the Zune of digital media players. 

Has anyone noticed improvement in the past couple of months?

0 Kudos
oldbull
Level 7

Happens to me as well for almost a year.  I get booted to the guide.  Internet service can stream movies without problems but sling can do this every 5 minutes or wait 2 hours.  It buffers for a second then drops me back to guide.  Roku, Youtube and all others are fine, they never do this.  Have remove reinstalled app,  updated roku,  nothing fixes it.  I now have a ticket for engineers to look at.  Rep said they have never seen this before.

0 Kudos
DebbieKat
Level 8

They are lying if they say they've never seen this before. It's been reported behavior for a while. I had a couple of long chat sessions with reps and it's still unresolved. :-(

0 Kudos
oldbull
Level 7

I think mine is solved.  Unfortunately 4 things were done to fix it over a period of 24 hours.

1.  I recieved an update from ROKU

2. I signed completely out of sling tv and back in.

3. I had a spare remote and changed to it.

4. I changed my password

I have watched several shows and have not had the failure.

0 Kudos
JayEff
Level 7

Lately, I have been booted from Sling often.  I have several Roku and it appears to occur on all of them.

I removed and reinstalled Sling a few times but that has not resolved the issues.

I may try other steaming solutions to ensure it isn't a Roku issue.

I'm sure you all know that the cost of Sling recently increased concurrent with other streaming options becoming available.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JayEff 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Sling TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling TV support here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Indychap
Level 7

Dear Roku,

I’ve followed the steps you suggested in the prior posts. I still get kicked out.  I am not going to contact the individual channel providers. I’m paying for your service and this is too much work. I picked up sling because the cable companies didn’t care. This feels the same.

If you delete my my post please first share it with someone at sling who cares and can make a difference. 

0 Kudos
junepinkrose062
Level 8

Hello.. I am using a Roku Ultra. My Roku # 1 doesn’t know it’s wired to the internet. I can setup wirelessly but it has an hdmi cable plugged into it also Sling tv is shutting down after about 10 minutes and goes back to the home screen. 
The roku has the latest software update. Sling says its an issue with Roku not them please help !

0 Kudos
klapointe
Level 7

I’m so fed up with sling. Keeps knocking my modem offline, every I want to delete show from dvr I have to exit then come back, and after I watch a show with multiple episodes and I delete it’ll randomly delete wrong episode, if I need to leave a show before finishing it, I come back and it doesn’t remember my place. I can’t tell you how many shows I’ve missed because of all these issues and I am seriously considering getting rid of dvr and sling altogether. Not to Even mention how poor they are at customer service. Can’t believe I am saying this, really considering going back to cable.

0 Kudos