Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Keep Losing Login Credentials for Amazon Prime

I keep getting asked to re-enter my Amazon Prime credentials and verify through their website every 4 or 5 days.  I have not had this problem in the past, so why is the Roku losing my login credentials so often?  Is there something that I need to do to save in the system so I do not have to login repeatedly. 

12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Keep Losing Login Credentials for Amazon Prime

The same thing started happening this evening on my Roku Ultra and Roku 4.  

Prime Video was working as usual until I tried to watch an IMDbTV episode and it asked me to login and re-link my device to my "free" Amazon account.

I had a purchased movie that also disappeared.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Did something change in the Terms and Conditions?  I did not receive the usual e-mail from Amazon.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also experiencing this issue on my roku ultra devices (both of them).  Sure hoping there's a fix for this soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yup, the same thing keeps happening to me.  Been happening weekly now since the start of June 2020. Total pain. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This also keeps happening to me, sometimes daily. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am experiencing a similar problem.  I have to login every time I use prime.  Does anyone know?  Is this a Roku issue or an Amazon Prime issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@FBrick wrote:

I am experiencing a similar problem.  I have to login every time I use prime.  Does anyone know?  Is this a Roku issue or an Amazon Prime issue?

This would be an Amazon issue. They are responsible for the app/channel on the Roku. 

I did just try it on my Sharp Roku TV and Prime was still logged in. So it doesn't appear that it's a complete failure of the channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

This started happening to me with Amazon Prime and SundanceNow.  I hope it gets fixed soon.  A recent update must have messed things up.  I had zero problems before this past week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Just wanted to chime in that it's happening to me too. Twice yesterday morning, then fine for the rest of the day, then again just now in the evening.  Nothing's changed on the tv cord wise or roku wise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

I've tried two different Roku devices today, my Sharp Roku TV and my Ultra 4640. Both opened Prime normally and I could resume something I was watching a couple of days ago with my Shield. I don't know if this is a geographic issue, perhaps only some of Amazon's media servers, or what. There has certainly been a number of reports of problems here today, but it doesn't appear to be happening everywhere. That really leads me to believe the problem is on Amazon's side. Not the first time they've had problems streaming to a subset of devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos