Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jontalk
Level 8

Re: Kanopy channel not streaming

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 running the latest build of the 9.2 firmware. When scrolling through My List on this channel I get kicked out. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and seems related to a bug in the Kanopy channel update released on 11/6. Needless to say, it makes viewing content nearly impossible. 

Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cocofood
Level 8

Jump to solution
I have the same problem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jontalk
Level 8

Jump to solution

I was under the impression your issues had been resolved? I've been in contact with Kanopy support who told me of the update though it appears it was NOT tested with all Roku models, especially the '3'. 

Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jontalk
Level 8

Jump to solution

As stated previously I reached out to Kanopy support prior to responding to this thread. The update they claim was rolled out does NOT resolve the severe issues with this channel. I suggest Roku get in touch with them to learn what models the update supports as related to the firmware. 

Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mckb
Level 7

Jump to solution
Roku TV Model: 7120X
TCL Model: 55R617
Software version: 9.2.0 • build 4501-30
Kanopy loads but upon navigating to "My List" then scrolling down through my list selections, at fourth row the app crashes returning me to last Roku screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jontalk
Level 8

Jump to solution

PLEASE contact Kanopy support and report the problem. They're slow to respond and seem to think the channel update released on 11/12 is working properly. I've also seen "Gateway error" pop up when scrolling horizontally through film categories as well as near the end of a movie and have reported it to them. It's clear that the numerous 9.2 builds that have been released have NOT been tested by Kanopy.

Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tigger21st
Level 7

Jump to solution
Fixed without any action on my part
0 Kudos
Highlighted
chromecow
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku 3, 4200x, last updated Nov. 19th. I am also crashing in the Kanopy UI when trying to scroll through My List.

I have sent correspondence to Kanopy detailing the issue. Here's hoping for a fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jontalk
Level 8

Jump to solution

FYI, Kanopy support sent me a message stating the channel update has been released. I've installed it on my Roku 3 and it has resolved the scrolling issue. 

Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos