Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cocofood
Level 7

Kanopy channel not streaming

Jump to solution
I’ve been streaming Kanopy for over a year and suddenly it is not working. I click play, it buffers starts to load and conks out. It will however play on my computer but not Roku. I’ve tried logging in, logging out, shutting down, etc but nothing works. Thoughts?
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
plasticman
Level 8

Re: Kanopy channel not streaming

Jump to solution

A few hours since my last post and all is working well.

Stick+ is connecting and playing without problems. Who knows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cocofood
Level 7

Jump to solution
From Kanopy
Kanopy (Kanopy)
Nov 8, 16:10 PST

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your patience with the ongoing issues with the Kanopy Roku channel. Version 3.6 of the channel was released yesterday evening which should fix the issues on most devices. Channel updates usually automatically occur at midnight, but in the case yours did not update, please manually update it. You can learn how to do this here.

If you are still experiencing any issues, please reply with the Roku model you are using, as well as the software version it is running.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
jontalk
Level 8

Kanopy channel failing to stream titles

Jump to solution

I have a large number of movie/tv channels on my home page and about a week ago, any title on Kanopy would start and moments later throw an error message and stop playing. I have contacted the channel support about this but am curious if anyone else using a Roku 3 is experiencing this. I will be contacting our library to report the issue since we are paying for the service with out tax dollars.

Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Kanopy channel failing to stream titles

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I'd recommend reaching out to Kanopy directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Please keep us posted if you have any further questions once you've contacted them and we can see how else we can assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CigarSurgeon
Level 8

Re: Kanopy channel failing to stream titles

Jump to solution

Kanopy stopped streaming titles entirely as of a few days ago for us. Did the standard troubleshooting of removing the app, logging out, yadda yadda.

Will log a ticket with Kanopy.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
klgodwin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny, 

I am having the same problem.  I tried removing the channel, and restarted the Roku, with no luck.

Am also having trouble getting a response from Kanopy support.  Please help, even if it is getting in touch with someone from Kanopy and telling them there is a problem.

Thanks, 

klgodwin

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Kanopy directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cocofood
Level 7

Jump to solution
Also did the remove/add channel and system restart, same problem
0 Kudos
CigarSurgeon
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having the same problem for just about a week. Logged a ticket with Kanopy 3 days ago, they said they were investigating.

0 Kudos
klgodwin
Level 7

Jump to solution
CigarSurgeon,
I bet you got the same canned response that I did. I filed a ticket 5 days ago with no response thus far.
0 Kudos