Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marty1966
Level 7

Re: Kanopy Unexpected Error SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

I had an update on my Roku 3, I think I read somewhere that the TVs still didn't have the proper update.

0 Kudos
Jilly
Level 7

I did a setting update and now it's working perfectly!

Dee45
Level 7

Check the link below that suggests going to Settings on ROKU and updating System. It works and I have Kanopy Channel back.

Dee45
Level 7

This is the correct answer: update ROKU settings

Gomek
Level 7

I did a setting update and now it's working perfectly”

Hi Jilly, 

How do you do a setting update? I’m having the same problem with Kanopy on my Roku. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Gomek
Level 7

I did the setting update and all is good! Thanks Everyone! 

0 Kudos
Villet
Level 7

On Roku the following solves Error R-60 "SSL Certificate Expired". update the system. See https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/ALERT-Some-channels-are-currently-not-accessi...

It says (and it works)

"Due to a global technical certificate expiration, select streaming channels on the Roku platform that rely on this certificate chain may not be working as expected. Please install a manual software update from Roku now. To update your software:

1. On your Roku player go to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System Update
  4. Select Check Now
View this support page for more help to update your software manually. (FAQ)
This update applies to all current-generation Roku players, Roku TVs and Roku Smart Soundbar. We are sorry for any disruption this may cause. We know TV time is important especially while we are all at home. Thank you. "

0 Kudos
KeLLz
Level 7

I uninstalled and same problem 😪 #sslprobs

0 Kudos
Jilly
Level 7

I did a system update on my Roku Express and my Roku 1. I don't know if it works on other models. I went to settings and system update. Good luck

0 Kudos
MasterJohnWick
Level 7

Had same problem. Then updated my Roku thru system update, removed old Kanopy channel (Kanopy updated their website for Roku- looks a little different). Signed into Kanopy on my pc, Re-install new Kanopy channel and now link Kanopy to Roku. "Yeah, I think I'm back."

0 Kudos