Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

KORTV - channel Crashing

Just got A ROKU Premiere - and my whole purpose for having a ROKU is to allow my elderly parents to access Korean Programming.

1) tested on my TV - Samsung - all peachy& working, thus upgraded an paying $15/month for premium programming

2) installed on their TV - older SONY (?2010) - all working for a day

3) NOT APP crashing

4) CAN't uninstall the app - WHEN i press * the option for removing the channel not available

5) everything else working fine... youTube/ Netflix

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  KORTV for the parents is the only reason for to have the ROKU.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: KORTV - channel Crashing

You may want to give it a few days to see if it sorts itself out.  There is a know issue going on right now.  I don't know if it affects that channel or not.  Try checking for updates.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/ALERT-Some-channels-are-currently-no...

As for not being able to remove the channel, I believe you can't remove a channel if you have an active subscription.  If you cancel the subscription, there are no refunds and the subscription would still be valid until the end of its term.

Level 7

Re: KORTV - channel Crashing

Cool! Thanks for the info - yes it is channel specific.

Yes, I will chill for a while.  It's just the timing... Everything was working, then as soon as I pay for the subscription. BANG! 

I've done most of the trouble-shooting: app updates/ system reset / network reset ... ; )

Thanks!!

0 Kudos