Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

KORTV - channel Crashing

Just got A ROKU Premiere - and my whole purpose for having a ROKU is to allow my elderly parents to access Korean Programming.

1) tested on my TV - Samsung - all peachy& working, thus upgraded an paying $15/month for premium programming

2) installed on their TV - older SONY (?2010) - all working for a day

3) NOT APP crashing

4) CAN't uninstall the app - WHEN i press * the option for removing the channel not available

5) everything else working fine... youTube/ Netflix

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  KORTV for the parents is the only reason for to have the ROKU.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: KORTV - channel Crashing

You may want to give it a few days to see if it sorts itself out.  There is a know issue going on right now.  I don't know if it affects that channel or not.  Try checking for updates.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/ALERT-Some-channels-are-currently-no...

As for not being able to remove the channel, I believe you can't remove a channel if you have an active subscription.  If you cancel the subscription, there are no refunds and the subscription would still be valid until the end of its term.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: KORTV - channel Crashing

Cool! Thanks for the info - yes it is channel specific.

Yes, I will chill for a while.  It's just the timing... Everything was working, then as soon as I pay for the subscription. BANG! 

I've done most of the trouble-shooting: app updates/ system reset / network reset ... ; )

Thanks!!

0 Kudos