Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffsri
Level 7

KODI on Roku Stick

Is it possible to load Kodi on a Roku Stick
0 Kudos
9 Replies
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: KODI on Roku Stick

No one's done it yet. 
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

If you need Kodi on a stick device get a Fire stick. Kodi is easy to load on any Fire device by using an app called "Apps2Fire" loaded on any Android device that has Kodi already loaded.

Kodi works great on the Fire and Kodi makes the Fire almost pleasant to use. But, even with Kodi on Fire devices, I still find my Rokus easier and better to use for everything that I have an interest in doing and I see nothing that I could gain by having Kodi on my Rokus even if it were possible, which it is not.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
If you need Kodi on a stick device get a Fire stick. Kodi is easy to load on any Fire device by using an app called "Apps2Fire" loaded on any Android device that has Kodi already loaded.

Kodi works great on the Fire and Kodi makes the Fire almost pleasant to use. But, even with Kodi on Fire devices, I still find my Rokus easier and better to use for everything that I have an interest in doing and I see nothing that I could gain by having Kodi on my Rokus even if it were possible, which it is not.

Hello:
    The closest thing to Kodi on Roku is using PLEX with the unsupported app store, an app called XTV and PLAYON.  Like my friend Elijah, I still prefer to use my Roku for everyday use.  I only use my secondary Android based devices if I want to see something bad enough that I can't find or cast to my Roku.
Hope this information is helpful.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
jayant1018
Level 7

Technically, it is not possible to install Kodi on Roku. The OS of Roku and Kodi is different. Roku OS do not support Kodi because Developers of KODI does not design KODI for Roku. In simple words, it is like, You cannot download apps on Android from Apps Store because Apps Store has apps only for iOS not for Android.
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

"jackcatch" wrote:
I found it flower useful, they provide each and every detail about Kodi on Roku and I recommend all Roku users to check this out. 

Hello:
   This is not exactly running Kodi on Roku but rather "Cast Kodi to Roku" using Roku's screen mirroring.  Screen mirroring is only available on some Roku models and the experience for some people using screen mirroring on Roku is less than ideal.  Like I said before, the closest to running Kodi on Roku is by using PLEX with the unsupported app store, XTV, Channel Pear, cCloud, PlayOn, and other Roku apps that access file-sharing sources of free content.  
Hope this information is helpful.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
23rdDjin
Level 7

i think the whole point was just to post the spam-link (albeit an on-topic one).

"if it itches, play it..." - David Bowie - 1999
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Level 7

Since the link was barely on topic, and fairly misleading (it keeps mentioning "jailbreaking" Roku when it does no such thing), I've removed it.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

There's no such thing as "installing Kodi on Roku". Every article I've ever seen only makes reference to viewing material from a Kodi installation on another device. It's misleading to link to articles that claim otherwise. Kodi can act as a DLNA server, and a Roku can see the content using Roku Media Player. But you don't get the Kodi user interface on a Roku.  :x
In fact, to quote the article you just linked:

So, the question is: can you install Kodi on Roku? We’re sad to bring you this news, but no. There is absolutely no way to install Kodi on Roku directly. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"atc98092" wrote:
There's no such thing as "installing Kodi on Roku". Every article I've ever seen only makes reference to viewing material from a Kodi installation on another device. It's misleading to link to articles that claim otherwise. Kodi can act as a DLNA server, and a Roku can see the content using Roku Media Player. But you don't get the Kodi user interface on a Roku.  :x
In fact, to quote the article you just linked:

So, the question is: can you install Kodi on Roku? We’re sad to bring you this news, but no. There is absolutely no way to install Kodi on Roku directly. 

He's a spambot.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos