Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Risco
Level 7

Just bought Streaming Stick+ UK - No UHD Amazon?

I cannot find any UHD at all, there is no headers. Also my watchlist is missing half of my content as I had it as 4k?

Any idea what to do? I tried a restart and uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Just bought Streaming Stick+ UK - No UHD Amazon?

Different companies change their offerings in different countries. Were the items in your Watchlist set up when you were in a different country, or have you always been in the UK?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Risco
Level 7

I have always been in the UK.
0 Kudos
Eddy555
Level 7

Yep, known issue. Amazon need to fix it but no idea if or when
viewtopic.php?t=115290
0 Kudos
Risco
Level 7

Jeez, I bought this stick as an all in one option as my Sony Android is so slow, especially with Amazon Prime!

Looks like I will take it back.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 7

Well, UHD (4K) and HDR are two different (but associated) animals, especially on the AP Roku app as of late.

UHD content may/does appear (though finding it can be an absurd task depending on your AP app version), but it is not HDR enabled/tagged, and doesnt stream as such, at least, as of the last couple of months on Rokus.

There has been some confusion caused by this, as some are conflating UHD/4K with HDR and dont realize that just because they are seeing the UHD/4K content on AP doesnt mean it is HDR enabled.

Or they assumed because the UHD content was HDR enabled more than 2 months ago, its still enabled as such more recently.  

Or because it went missing late last year/early this year, and reappeared again, that it didnt disappear again (it did).

Point is, HDR-enabled AP app content seems to come and go with AP, moreso on the Rokus than other devices for whatever reason (one can speculate as to why, doesnt really address the fact of it).

Sure would be nice if Roku and Amazon could more definitively fix this HDR coming/going situation....
0 Kudos

Did this ever appear for you? I have a Roku Stick+ in the UK and have never had UHD showing - in fact I didn't think it was supported as it's not mentioned on Amazon's Support page. If I do a search, Films that I know are in 4k show in the results, but only labelled as HD. Have tried signing out, uninstalling and reinstalling without success. Should it be working? To clarify I am only talking UHD, not HDR (my TV doesn't't support HDR).

Thanks.
0 Kudos