Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADH
Level 7

Re: Just Added Section

Jump to solution

Is this a definite decision or is there any room for compromise, such as charging a fee to submit channels into a just added section? That would eliminate a lot of the garbage channels, earn Roku extra revenue, and give independent developers a fighting chance.

MWDXER
Level 11

Jump to solution

That is unfortunate. The Just Added section was great in finding most new channels. Tonight I was looking for new News channels and I had to through several hundred to see if I missed something. Takes a lot more time. I am hoping the Just Added area will return.

Jump to solution

Wow, I had raised concerns about Just Added roughly 3 weeks ago about certain publishers putting out large #s of channels, then a week later these same exact channels made their way back to the top of the list, which of course forced other channels out prematurely. So was this your "solution" to just get rid of it all together? OMG.

MWDXER
Level 11

Jump to solution

I have always noticed that even with the "Just Added" section, where the majority of the new offerings are there, some are not included. So every few months, being a news junkie, I will go through all of the news channels. I found several I did not have before. They were never under "Just Added". To keep abreast of everything on the Roku, a person needs to take the time and check out any interest they might have. Another interesting thing is, that I guess there is a limit to the number of channel apps under each category. The religion section tops out at 1000 channel offerings. Even though hundreds of new religious channels have been added over the past year, the section still is topped out at 1,000. I am not into religious channels, but what about the viewer than wants to check them out, not to find any of the ones over 1,000? To be on the safe side, I guess the viewer needs to either know the correct name of the channel app or they may find it under a title or series of words to describe it. I wonder how many channels do not have the viewership as no one knows where to find them?

fredneck
Level 10

Jump to solution
I agree, there should be a list with the vanity code for every single channel old and new available on the Roku platform. This would not even require a web page for every channel. Just a list or database with a brief channel description of maybe one or two sentences and a clickable link to add it to your Roku. Maybe it's easier said then done? But it would be nice if the process could be automated to update directly whenever a new channel is made public.
Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels
tampammm
Level 8

Jump to solution
That's really a silly answer. Can we have the actual logic/rationale as to why it was removed? Instead of a generic comment.

As there is definitely an overriding logic/rationale that people use it. To be able to discover new entertainment and content they want to enjoy and take advantage of.
TBDave
Level 10

Jump to solution

Please bring back the Just Added section.  I checked that at least once a week.  It's the only way to find new channels.

MWDXER
Level 11

Jump to solution

There is an email I get weekly listing the new channels, but it is not always complete.

gpstern
Level 9

Jump to solution

So exactly how does one find newly added channels?  The Roku channel store does offer any good way of doing this nor does it offer a way to sort channels by added date (or anything else).  This is a huge loss of functionality and needs to be brought back at least on the Roku channel store if not the on the device itself.

MWDXER
Level 11

Jump to solution

The only way to find the new channels is to go through every section that has an interest. Mine in News, followed by TV & Movies. So I have to take extra time to thoroughly go through those sections, like I used to do.