Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mazz
Level 10

Just Added Section

Jump to solution

Has the Just Added section been removed or are they just cleaning up some of the **bleep** on it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Just Added Section

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here. The 'Just added' category is no longer offered—apologies for any inconvenience. 

From time to time we update categories within the Roku Channel Store. The Roku Channel Store offers thousands of channels with a wide variety of content. To find similar content from the previous category, you can look through the selection of featured, most watched, or top free channels; or browse channels available in any of the other categories. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here. The 'Just added' category is no longer offered—apologies for any inconvenience. 

From time to time we update categories within the Roku Channel Store. The Roku Channel Store offers thousands of channels with a wide variety of content. To find similar content from the previous category, you can look through the selection of featured, most watched, or top free channels; or browse channels available in any of the other categories. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Michael-Alan
Level 7

Jump to solution

So, how do I find a list of the newest channels available on the roku?  According to your answer, I just kind of browse around.  Sort of looking for a needle in a haystack.  That is not a good answer.  Why was the "just added" removed?

FeMaster
Level 9

Jump to solution

No offense Tanner, but that is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not only is this bad for ROKU's customers, but it is also bad for recently released channels. How is a channel supposed to gain an audience if nobody knows if exists?

The thought of just randomly searching through categories and happening upon a channel that is new  amongst the list of thousands that are in the store is absurd at best. One of the most useful features there was (besides actually watching content) is removed with no possible way to even come close duplicating its functionality. Very poor choice on someone's part.

Oh, and irony of your recommendation is just uncanny, "To find similar content from the previous category, you can look through the selection of featured, most watched, or top free channels." What would any of those do to help resolve the issue of not being able to see newly added channels? A new channel certainly isn't going to show up under "most watched", nor will it show up under "top free", as a new channel would never be either of those. The odds of it being "featured" are also extremely slim, unless the channel is from a BIG NAME publisher, like perhaps the soon offered Disney Streaming Service. The little guys are never going to get found, and Roku is purposely allowing it to happen, basically killing off all chances for them to ever get a foot in the door.

The offered solution is not a solution at all, it's a JOKE, and not a funny one.

Highlighted
Gerry63
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have to agree with FeMaster, just a dumb idea. I would use the just added button almost daily to see what new channels were available. I can't remember the last time I went to the chatnnel store.

davidjazz
Level 11

Jump to solution

Marking this as a "Solution" is absurd, RokuTannerD. We need that area to see what's new.

You can't just throw a new channel into a mix of 500 older channels and expect anyone to find it. How would we even know it was there?

Jump to solution

I agree with the initial responses, how is anyone going to get established? I always went to just added for new content. Searching randomly in existing categories is nuts! You guys have effectively killed any chance of little guys like me ever getting off the ground! Unbelievable..

Huskerfan
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just noticed this, and was like what the heck !I understand getting rid of the garbage and all, but dang Roku definitely  made it near impossible to find anything new and interesting. The suit(s)/decision-makers need to rethink this move

Reshadar
Level 7

Jump to solution
After reading the responses to your non-existent “solution” will you be changing it back to include the “Just Added” section? Do you even read the responses? Please forward our concerns on and add the Just Added section back on to the roku platform - having us search for new channels among hundreds of other channels is just ridiculous.
fredneck
Level 10

Jump to solution
Understand the need to clamp down on the spam channels. Because it does seem to be a problem. But there has to be a way to curb it. Killing the host to get rid of the parasites does not seem to be the best option. Hopefully Roku would please reconsider and try to figure out a better way.
Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels