Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wookiee2cu
Level 7

Issues with Xfinity?

So this just started this weekend.  Friday night I was watching Netflix on my Roku Ultra in the living room and everything was going great, then I accidentally hit the home button and had to launch Netflix again to watch the next episode of Person of Interest.  It started loading and stalled at 25% for about a full minute then jumped to 99% and about 20 seconds later the episode would start to play only to freeze up about 10 seconds in.  On the Roku Ultra I searched for updates, unpluged the unit from all cables, removed the app and reinstalled it but nothing is working.  Other channels work just fine, it's only happening to Netflix.  I have a Roku 3 in my bedroom where there is no xfinity cable box and Netflix plays just fine, so I went back to the living room and launched the Netflix app on the xfinity cable box (they have an app section on them) and it plays just fine.  I tried to rule out the Roku Ultra so I plugged in a Amazon Fire Cube and the exact same thing happens, any one else experiencing this?  
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Issues with Xfinity?

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

In your post you stated that you removed and then added the Netflix channel back onto your Roku device. Try removing the Netflix channel from the Roku, and then restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Netflix channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wookiee2cu
Level 7

I'll try it, hopefully tonight.  The odd thing was that the same thing happened with a brand Amazon Fire Cube as well.  At first I wondered if it was something with my TV but the Xfinity Netflix app worked so that wasn't the issue and the only difference between my living room tv set up and my bedroom TV set up is there is no Xfinity box in the bedroom.  So this kind of led be to believe that it has something to do with the Xfinity box.  I could understand there being a hiccup with the app but on two different devices seems unlikely.
0 Kudos
wookiee2cu
Level 7

Just a quick update, I got home yesterday and the Netflix app is now working again on all of the devices.  Was just odd that it didn't work for 2 days for no reason.
0 Kudos