Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Issues with Spotify on Roku TV

@PixiePenny  Everyone has read what you wrote. Please try the steps I laid out. Keep in mind it’s also a holiday weekend

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PixiePenny

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation and I have no further information that I can provide at this time. Rest assured, once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

no longer need assistance

0 Kudos
InsGadget

I personally seemed to fix this by going to my Spotify account on the desktop website and logging out of all devices, and unlinking any app I didn't use or recognize. I do think the problem is on the Spotify end. Essentially the account gets corrupted on apps, perhaps after not being used for a while.

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

0 Kudos

@PixiePenny I just contacted both Spotify and Roku because I have the same problem as you.. Like you, Spotify told me something was wrong with my Roku and to reach out to them. Roku told me I have an old version that doesn't support the Spotify app anymore and to buy a new one. I don't know if it's actually the problem or they were trying to sell me a new membership/device. Have you heard anything back from Roku? Thanks!!

0 Kudos
todd88

I am having the same problem and have tried all of these steps several times.

I had the same problem about a year ago and was able to do the "remove and reload" and it solved the problem BUT this time around it refuses to work. The Spotify logo appears on the screen for about 1-2 seconds then the screen goes black. I've done the manual update and it appears that I am on update 11.something.

This is very frustrating. Please help.

PixiePenny
Streaming Star

Granny64
Binge Watcher

i use my Spotify on a daily basis...

i, too, thought i had "solved it" by switching to another email, then signing all out on Spotify, doing the 6-step on Roku (1) rebooting, (2) "Home" 5x, (3) "Up" once, (4) "Rewind" twice, (5) "Fast Foward twice, (6) and then using Roku restart...

then, i re-loaded the Spotify app, and voila! i had entered Spotify-realm... i entered my new (old) email, and it's been on like a bone... UNTIL last week...

this time, no matter how many tries, or which email, on Roku, Spotify loads the Spotify screen, and after a few seconds, goes to black...

indeed, all of the "sign out of ALL" things i have done on Spotify, waiting 2hrs instead of the 1 hr they suggest, and then doing those steps (i cant even begin to tell you how many times!!!) each and every time, has frustrated me no end!!!

i will NOT be a fee-payer on Spotify now or ever - i am restricted because of SSI, but there's no way im going to do the mental arithmetic and deleting bread and eggs to "buy" something that is totally useless to a one-sided victim of strokes!!! 

PixiePenny
Streaming Star