Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carol1953
Level 7

Issues with Roku Express and Netflix

Several times while watching Netflix, the screen starts counting up from 1% to 100% very slowly and I have to hit the back arrow and resume watching.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Issues with Roku Express and Netflix

Hi @carol1953,

Thanks for the post regarding the playback issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
carol1953
Level 7

it didn’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@carol1953

Thanks for the follow up.

This seems like it may be possibly buffering issue. Are you only experiencing this issue on Netflix or other channels as well? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
carol1953
Level 7

Danny - It just happens with Netflix and have tried rebooting and doesn’t help the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@carol1953

Thanks for the follow up.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
carol1953
Level 7

It is still buffering only on Netflix and don’t know what to do other than buy a new Roku.  I got a new modem that is supposed to increase the internet speed and that doesn’t help!  I’ve rebooted, too, and nothing improves the situation.  Help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Appreciate the update @carol1953

If you are only experiencing the issue from one channel while videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can contact Netflix Support here: https://help.netflix.com/en

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Theoldman
Level 7

Hi the humble suggestion is talk to service provided some times you can be running more then the service provides. Next call Netflix hash it out them. I ran into this problem finally I cancelled the subscriptions. Just watch the commercial supported stuff

And If the signal goes hay wire. I just switch to a book audio book or over the air antenna. It solved my viewing issues. 

0 Kudos