Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Issues with Prime Video and location

I having an odd issue with Prime Video on all my Roku devices (4 total).  For some reason Prime thinks I'm in a different country (getting lots of Hindi/Bollywood movies showing up on the front page) and won't allow certain movies to show up.  For instance my wife wants to watch Troop Zero; it will play on the computer/laptop/tablet etc but not on any of the Roku boxes.  I deregistered all of them and the problem is still there.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Issues with Prime Video and location

Never mind- I figured it out.  A quick chat from Amazon and they reset my location in the US now.

Highlighted
Level 8

I had the same issue - my Amazon location was set to France, even though I had changed it back to U.S.

My Watchlist was missing and all the recommendations were odd - lots of Bollywood titles. 

Deleting, restarting, deregister/register - none of it worked. 

The only way to fix this, according to the Amazon rep I chatted with, is to contact them via chat. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I just thought of something that someone may want to try. 

In my situation I was in France for a month and had ordered products via amazon.fr. 

Maybe logging in to amazon.fr and changing my settings THERE would have fixed it. 

0 Kudos