Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Issues with CLOC Private 2020/04/26

Jump to solution

for a few days now CLOC Private freezes after a few hours. is something wrong with the screen saver itself?

I tried removing the channel then putting it back but that didn't help. 

I tried to use CLOC official since the private channel is showing this behavior but it only shows the clock and nothing else for me. 

Note: I was hoping this post might be seen by the developer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Issues with CLOC Private 2020/04/26

Jump to solution

Lol!  Oops, I wonder what I did.  By the way, Radio Paradise is a great channel!  :-)

-JT

Ok, try now.  Warning:  I added a hourly chime option that is on by default, so I hope I don't startle anyone too much.  Disable it in the settings if you don't like it.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I noticed this in the last day or so too.  Exactly the same. 

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

at first I thought maybe it was the update to 9.3 but that can't be it. only one device out of 5 in my house has 9.3 and the freezing happens on all of them. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have three Rokus with CLOC Private as the screensaver. Yes, all three have recently started freezing up after a period of time.

I did a hard factory reset (not just a restart) on all three Rokus ... that would force an absolute deletion of the existing CLOC Private app and download a clean copy ... and they are all still freezing up. Also I tried a number of other zip codes and, yes, they still freeze up. The CLOC Private version that downloaded is 2.6, dated 2019-11-22.

I too tried CLOC Public/Official and it will only display the time. 

The developer's name is Jim Truscello; his screen name in this community is RenoJim and he appears to be active here on a daily basis. I sent him a PM; perhaps he will be so kind as to offer some insight.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here - tried all the fixes listed here and every Roku in the house is acting the same. This is a very useful app - hope will be fixed soon.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The developer responded to my PM saying he has identified the root cause and will repair the app within the next few days.

This app has a long history on Roku and the developer has indeed updated/repaired it many times, as needed. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Was just checking in re the CLOC screensaver, as it has been showing inaccurate times the past few days. Good to know that RenoJim has been alerted to this issue. Yes, he has been very good about updating/fixing this when needed. Very useful tool, to have both the time and temp displayed.

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

not sure what happened but CLOC Private is now showing as an app and when I open it I get Radio Paradise....whatever that is. I don't want Radio Paradise....

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

hmm.. something is out of sync.

Meanwhile I switched overs to the official version of CLOC, and it too is freezing.  It will be great when updated, but really it's a FWP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

Lol!  Oops, I wonder what I did.  By the way, Radio Paradise is a great channel!  :-)

-JT

Ok, try now.  Warning:  I added a hourly chime option that is on by default, so I hope I don't startle anyone too much.  Disable it in the settings if you don't like it.

View solution in original post