Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Issues logging into certain apps

Jump to solution

I have spectrum log in credentials. My issue seems to be only certain apps ask me to log in to spectrum using my info. Apps like ESPN had me activate them on a website. Then select what my provider is. It then said I was all set to watch. Once the Roku buffered it stated espn wasn’t part of my streaming package. Is there a way to bypass this? Or at least get to the screen where I can input my provider info? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Issues logging into certain apps

Jump to solution

@Brady1212  Thanks for the note. ESPN support can help you with authenticating their channel with your TV provider, as well as helping share an overview of the available content using a TV provider vs. the content that is only available to ESPN+ subscribers. 

You can reach ESPN support here for more help: 1 (888) 549-3776 on online at https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

In general though, in order to access the settings for your TV provider inside the ESPN channel, launch the channel and press the up arrow on your remote. Scroll over to the right and select the gear icon. Then, use the options in 'Provider Account' to log in/out with your TV provider credentials. 

The second option you'll see, 'ESPN account', refers to ESPN+ service subscribers. This is an entirely separate monthly subscription service (not TV authenticated ESPN channels/content), which requires a paid monthly subscription and provides access to additional streaming content that is not included with their TV authenticated experience. ESPN support can help provide more information or answer any additional questions you may have. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Brady1212  Thanks for the note. ESPN support can help you with authenticating their channel with your TV provider, as well as helping share an overview of the available content using a TV provider vs. the content that is only available to ESPN+ subscribers. 

You can reach ESPN support here for more help: 1 (888) 549-3776 on online at https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

In general though, in order to access the settings for your TV provider inside the ESPN channel, launch the channel and press the up arrow on your remote. Scroll over to the right and select the gear icon. Then, use the options in 'Provider Account' to log in/out with your TV provider credentials. 

The second option you'll see, 'ESPN account', refers to ESPN+ service subscribers. This is an entirely separate monthly subscription service (not TV authenticated ESPN channels/content), which requires a paid monthly subscription and provides access to additional streaming content that is not included with their TV authenticated experience. ESPN support can help provide more information or answer any additional questions you may have. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Things still aren’t working on multiple apps. Some apps are working fine and send me to the spectrum page to log in with my credentials. The apps that just are having me select a provider without entering my spectrum log in info, are the ones not working. Can’t seem to find a way to fix it. 

0 Kudos