Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abqcheeks
Channel Surfer

Issues loading content on channels

@RokuDanny-R you bet, here it is.

My Roku info:

-Roku device: 4800X - Roku Ultra
-Serial: X01000YL0FXG
-Device ID: S02A209L0FXG
-Software:  10.5.0 * build 4201-C2

I've seen it most on Paramount+, Acorn, Netflix.  Paramount+ is Version 7.2, build 20220421 (it had the same behavior on previous builds too).

For the screenshots: First I went in to Paramount+, tried watching a random show (Love Boat) and it did as I described before: long pause, then "content unavailable" error.  I exited the app and got the issue ID: XG-171-649.

Next I went into Acorn, tried watching a random show (The Gulf).  On acorn, it just hangs on a black screen seemingly forever.  I let it sit about 5 minutes, then exited and got the Issue ID: XG-171-667

Then I went to Netflix, tried to watch The Last Kingdom.  The progress wheel got to 25% and stayed there.  I let it run about 5 minutes before I bailed out and got this issue ID: XG-171-683

After that, Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart, then into Netflix and Last Kingdom played right away.

After The Last Kingdom, I tried to play an episode of Schitt's Creek (Still on Netflix).  Loading wheel got to 90% and got stuck.  Issue ID: XG-171-754.  Rebooted Roku, went to Netflix, Schitt's Creek played.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I get to send more PMs on this forum?

@abqcheeks 

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried removing the channels from your Roku device, restarting the Roku, and re-installing to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

In the meantime, I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abqcheeks
Channel Surfer

Re: How do I get to send more PMs on this forum?

I did this today with Netflix:

Delete Netflix, reboot, install Netflix, reboot, log in to Netflix, play one video, works fine, try to play another, stalls at 25% loading.  Reboot, then Netflix can play another video.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issues loading content on channels

@abqcheeks 

Thanks for the posts and information.

If you are experiencing an issue across multiple channels, it's less likely that theres an issue with those channels but rather an issue not related to the channels. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if the issue persists?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abqcheeks
Channel Surfer

Yes, while troubleshooting I have rebooted every piece of networking equipment.  No other devices or computers have exhibited any networking problems.  I have not taken my Roku to a different network to test it yet.  I can do that tomorrow.

As of yet, the only thing that has affected the problem was when Roku "downgraded" my device to 10.0 in December.  It worked flawlessly for 4 months, until it updated itself to 10.5 on April 15th, and has been exhibiting the problem since then.

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@abqcheeks

Thanks for the follow up.

Please keep us posted what you find out when you try connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abqcheeks
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Sorry, life interfered and I wasn't able to work on this for a few days.

Today I got the chance to take my Roku to a different network.  The results were the same.  I was able to trigger the symptom after watching one video on Paramount+.  The Issue ID is XG-188-712.

At home I use wifi.  On the alternate test network, I used a hardwired ethernet connection (upstream is a gig fiber business connection).

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@abqcheeks

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

The problem was the 4K HDR resolution setting on Roku. Try putting it on regular 4K instead as that worked for me. 

Some HD Netflix channels on ROKU worked but for some reason the series Cursed and the Last Kingdom would not until I changed the resolution settings on ROKU to regular 4K. It must have something to do with the Epson projector because these series played fine on my phone. 

0 Kudos