Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
junkanoo5
Level 7

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

Does anybody else have the issue of channels not even attempting to load? For example, when I try to Watch any of the ESPN Networks and FS1/FS2, all I see is a black screen with description of what is playing.  On other channels that actually load I"ll see the same thing momentarily as well as 3 "loading bars" below.  The 3 "loading bars" never show up on the "missing" channels.  I"m using a TCL Series 6 Roku TV.  I've updated the TV software, the Vue app and done the magic system reset via the home button 5 times, etc as well as removed the app and reinstalled.  No success.

0 Kudos
Cwt2112
Level 7

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

Yep it’s awful. DVR, guide, remote etc. All the same problems. I’d be really disappointed if I hadn’t had a fire stick from the old tv. Fire stick PS Vue works fine, not perfect but far better than Roku/PSVue. 

0 Kudos
Ex986Driver
Level 7

PS Vue channel failes to connect

On launch PS Vue shows the error "There was a problem with the connection.  Please try again." 

No other channels seems to be having connectivity issues.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

Re: PS Vue channel failes to connect

Whether it will help in this case, I don't know, but it's worth a try.

When I have a problem with any particular Roku channel/app, the first thing I do is re-install it. Follow this procedure:

1) Remove the channel/app.

2) VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T SKIP -- Restart your Roku either via the Settings menu or by removing power for 30 seconds or so and plugging back in. This assures the channel/app is completely removed from the Roku's memory.

3) Install the channel/app.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
phillyblonde
Level 7

Same issue.  Our Firesticks are working fine.  Roku has connection issue when Vue is launched.

I've manually updated Roku and Vue apps.  Reset system a couple of times.  Even tried Roku on a different TV, but same connection issue.

Roku????  WTF?

0 Kudos
phillyblonde
Level 7

Just a follow up...what makaiguy instructed did work.  Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos