Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deke40
Level 9

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

"deke40" wrote:
I haven't figured it out yet but I have 4 Roku TVs and also two Firestick backups and the FSs are working flawlessly.  No problems with favorites, DVR, guide or audio lag.

PS-Also one of my Rokus hasn't updated to 3.0 and works great.

This morning my PSVue that hadn't updated from 2.9 to 3.0 started up with one of those tutorial screens on how to set up your favorites.  My favorites moved from the end of the guide to right after my first local station.  Wish the others would follow suit.  This 3.0 update screw up is getting tedious. 
0 Kudos
tigerman88
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Thanks for continuing to share the reports here. PlayStation is aware of the audio sync issue and is currently working on a resolution. 

As I mentioned before, contacting PlayStation VUE support is the best option to share your experience and request additional status updates regarding their channel on the Roku platform. 

I'll share any further news once it becomes available. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Just a quick question - who writes/develops or is responsible for the PlayStation Vue software app that is on the Roku box?  Does Sony (i.e. PlayStation Vue) write the software and provide it to Roku or does Roku create/develop the app in some sort of handshake with PlayStation Vue?  In other words - who is responsible for updating and fixing the PlayStation Vue app software - Roku or PlayStation Vue?
0 Kudos

"tigerman88" wrote:

Just a quick question - who writes/develops or is responsible for the PlayStation Vue software app that is on the Roku box?  Does Sony (i.e. PlayStation Vue) write the software and provide it to Roku or does Roku create/develop the app in some sort of handshake with PlayStation Vue?  In other words - who is responsible for updating and fixing the PlayStation Vue app software - Roku or PlayStation Vue?

Sony, which owns PlayStation Vue.
0 Kudos
tigerman88
Level 7

***UPDATE***

Looks like PS Vue did another update to Roku to try and fix some of the problems with their app.  I had to manually update the app (Home -> Settings-> System-> System Update) to get the latest PS Vue update (Version 3.0 Build 2019082600). 

They seemed to have fixed the favorite issue in the guide - all my favorites are now at the top of the guide.  Still have to use the "<-" button in lieu of the "ok" button for some of the navigation.  The synch issues with my Roku TV audio and video appear to be fixed.  Have not had enough time to see what else was fixed but wanted to let everyone know a PS Vue update has been put forth to fix the 20 August abomination...
0 Kudos
phredbird
Level 7

Tigerman, I'm happy to hear that your issues have been resolved!

I eagerly checked my TCL Roku TV this morning; my PS Vue build is also at 3.0 2019082600.

The channel list remains in the far-left column.

More critically, the audio and video were out of sync after about 2 minutes of viewing.

I will continue to wait for a fix.
0 Kudos
Tenorc
Level 7

I just finished chat with PlayStation Vue support. They have no plans to fix the problems with Roku compatibility since the update. They said I should use a different platform and offered a convoluted workaround allowing downloading individual channels and accessing them through other services using PlayStation credentials. It looks like they have abandoned their Roku customers.
0 Kudos
antnybrusk
Level 7

"tigerman88" wrote:
***UPDATE***

Looks like PS Vue did another update to Roku to try and fix some of the problems with their app.  I had to manually update the app (Home -> Settings-> System-> System Update) to get the latest PS Vue update (Version 3.0 Build 2019082600). 

They seemed to have fixed the favorite issue in the guide - all my favorites are now at the top of the guide.  Still have to use the "<-" button in lieu of the "ok" button for some of the navigation.  The synch issues with my Roku TV audio and video appear to be fixed.  Have not had enough time to see what else was fixed but wanted to let everyone know a PS Vue update has been put forth to fix the 20 August abomination...

I have a TCL Roku TV with 9.1.0 build 4121-08 and PS Vue 3.0 and still having issues with network connectivity and video out of sync with audio!!
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

Everything is back up a running on my systems.  After doing some testing between my Insignia and Sharp Roku TVs I went out and found a 24" (Kitchen) and 32" (PC Room) Sharp Roku TVs to
replace the Insignia ones.  Eliminated the sync problems and the Sharps are way faster getting to what you want to watch.  They were both on sale for $119 each.
0 Kudos
welshll
Level 7

"deke40" wrote:
Everything is back up a running on my systems.  After doing some testing between my Insignia and Sharp Roku TVs I went out and found a 24" (Kitchen) and 32" (PC Room) Sharp Roku TVs to
replace the Insignia ones.  Eliminated the sync problems and the Sharps are way faster getting to what you want to watch.  They were both on sale for $119 each.

I have 3 Roku Sharps that don't work and 1 that does work.  The one that is working is the newest one.  Unless we can afford to buy new TV's when they change/update we should rethink Roku TV's.  For now the only solution appears to be to change from PS Vue, or buy a Fire Stick.
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

I bought 3 Firesticks on the last Prime day.  Have them on my main 3 Tv's.  Bought them for their ability to show scenes when F/F and overcoming some of the quirks of PSVUE.  Although I have 5 Roku TV's I sometimes wonder if I should have went with Fire TVs.
0 Kudos