Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thetick
Level 8

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

I think Fire TV would be a better choice now , but Chromecast  I think is the best choice as you can mirror any tab from a PC.  So you can watch any video supported on the PC platform and you are not restricted to only the apps that support the content you want.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

They just updated to build 2019090200.
0 Kudos
phredbird
Level 7

Thanks, Deke40.

I streamed for 45min this morning (PS Vue on 40" TCL Roku TV) and the audio / video stayed in sync.

Cautiously optimistic that the latest PSV build included a fix for my issue, and hopefully others see the same positive results.

-p
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

The only problem I am incurring is the "loading" warning when I scroll to fast on the guide, which is better than having to click for each advancement of the guide.
0 Kudos
Mikeg040
Level 7

My psvue app was updated to the newest version on the roku 3 and the app runs very sluggish. The guide takes a while to load. Before I never had this issue and no it is not my internet connection. It is fast and working good. Any fix soon?
0 Kudos
jwarmels
Level 7

I am having a common issue as others with ps vue. The guide takes forever to load, when it didn't before the update. Also, when watching a show, it will often say "Oops! an error occurred!
Failed to load stream, going back to your default channel". It's the most annoying thing ever. I've looked online and it seems like this could be performing like this only on Roku. I am going to try a Firestick and see if it solves this problem. Has anyone else ditched the roku and found success with ps vue?
rrlanders2
Level 7

Very similar issues with the PS Vue app on Roku:

• Looses my DVR programs (yes I know I can get restart the app to get them back)

• Takes 3-4 clicks to go back to a recently watched channel

• Does not keep the guide on the current time - if you watch the end of a long movie, when you click guide it shows you programs from when the movie started  not the current time.

• Slow to update the guide. I never  say "Loading... until I got this update

• Several channels (Sudance, IFC, AHC and others) will display video, then it  goes blank while it appears to download more data.

• User interface in general requires several button pushes where as the previous version required 1 or 2 button pushes to do the same thing.

This is poor software. No excuses for this - it's 2019, not 1979. Time to move on to another streaming services.
0 Kudos
Essli1999
Level 7

I have been having buffering issues since the PSVue update on all my Roku sticks. I replaced one with a fire stick and it’s working great. It’s the only tv in the house we can watch psvue on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
thetick
Level 8

Yep Roku sucks for Vue and Sling... no surprise there.  Get a FireTV or Chromecast.  It would be nice if Roku could take some ownership especially when Sling was offering free Roku to new Sling users!  Roku please step up and take responsibility on the broken apps with huge customer bases.

Just saying contact the app owner is really getting old and just a lame excuse as Roku should be working with app owners with a huge customer base.  FireTV and Chromecast are not perfect and someways inferior to Roku but the competition never has major issues with huge customer base apps.  Hint.. cough.. cough ..hint ..... Roku!!!!

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
Justjeanne1
Level 7

I am about to cancel psvue. Since the update I can watch about 2 minutes os a shoe then it goes black for 30 seconds then continues .  Happens 30 times during an hour show.  Not sure if it’s roku or psvue.  I can watch YouTube and movies on my tv fine.  But I can watch ps Vue with my chrome in the rooms that I have chrome, just fine except for the guide issue mentioned above

0 Kudos