Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigerman88
Level 7

Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

IAW the Reporting Issues Sticky:

Channel name: PlayStation Vue.
Channel version: Version 3.0 build 2019080500
What is the issue being reported?
Ever since Roku updated PlayStation Vue app on 20 August 2019 here are the issues using the Roku Ultra boxes:
1. Favorites are no longer presented at the beginning of the guide. In fact, there is no way to get to favorites but you can still set a channel as a favorite.

2. "Loading data..." appears in the guide for channels above or below the currently displayed page. If you scroll the guide, you'll see "Loading data..." until it can cache up the next page. I'm sure this was done to conserve bandwidth but it makes the UX suck.

3. OK button used to pull up the menu to allow navigation to guide. Now it doesn't do anything. All functionality seems to have been moved to the [<--] button with no clear way of getting out of the guide.

ADDITIONALLY there are the PlayStation Vue channel issues with Roku TV (Sharp TV - Model:LC-40LB601U):
All the same issues as with the Roku Ultra boxes above WITH the added problem of after a minute of streaming the audio and video go out of synch (audio lagging the video).

What are the steps to reproduce?
Simply start the PlayStation Vue app and use as normal.

Is it reproducible (how many times out of 5 does this happen)?
Yes every time the PlayStation Vue app is used since the 20 August 2019 update.

What is the serial number of the box?
Roku Ultra: YJ00DT891568 (but the same problems exist on all my other Rokus Ultra boxes as well)
Roku TV: YK00GV699136

What software version is the box running?
Roku Ultra: 9.1.0 build 4111-46
Roku TV: 9.1.0 build 4121-69

The previous version of the PlayStation Vue channel (i.e. the PlayStation Vue app prior to the 20 August 2019 update) did not have any of the above issues.  Highly recommend Roku rollback the current update until these issues can be resolved.

0 Kudos
35 Replies
karmadzong
Level 7

Re: Issue with recent PlayStation Vue Roku Channel update

The first rule of software development IMHO is -- dont make things worse. This update has made a clunky interface much harder to the point I will stop recommending Vue to friends who want to cut the cable.

The removal of favorites from the Guide .. sux
The constant need to use the Back button is impossible and you have to keep hitting it to navigate.
I find when a DVR or On Demand show ends, it takes me to some earlier episode of that or another program and I pretty much have to go Home, out of Vue, to get back to Guide or wherever.
It is almost impossible to Back out the episode Roku has decided I need to watch.
The new favorites section at the bottom of the scroll has about 5 of my 25 favorites that I labored to create.
And the Guide now is constantly showing "loading" so I have to crawl slowly to see what the programs are while scrolling.

I have given my feedback to PS, who knows if Roku will get it.
If PS wants to bail out of the cord-cut business, they are getting all the help they need from Roku, who have taken a clunky UX and made it much worse.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing. 

We've shared the feedback with the channel developer. They are hoping to release an update soon to address some reported issues, but we don't have any additional specifics to share. Please feel free to follow up with PlayStation VUE support to share your experience, and request additional status updates: https://support.playstation.com/s/playstation-vue?language=en_US

I'll provide any further updates on this topic when they're available to share. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

I haven't figured it out yet but I have 4 Roku TVs and also two Firestick backups and the FSs are working flawlessly.  No problems with favorites, DVR, guide or audio lag.

PS-Also one of my Rokus hasn't updated to 3.0 and works great.
0 Kudos
chiliking6
Level 7

I have 2 Firesticks running PSVue flawlessly.   I have 2 Roku TV's and both are totally useless with PSVue app.  Audio sync issues is my biggest issue.  It's so bad that I just give up and turn it off.  It started a week ago and I've tried everything I know to fix it.

I was going to switch to YouTube TV today, but the Firesticks don't use YouTube TV.  Need this fixed asap.  
0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

I also was looking at YouTube TV but since the FSs don't have YT available that would be a deal breaker for me.

PSVUE has been pretty well bulletproof for me so I will give them awhile to rectify the 3.0 upgrade mess.
0 Kudos

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing. 

We've shared the feedback with the channel developer. They are hoping to release an update soon to address some reported issues, but we don't have any additional specifics to share. Please feel free to follow up with PlayStation VUE support to share your experience, and request additional status updates: https://support.playstation.com/s/playstation-vue?language=en_US

I'll provide any further updates on this topic when they're available to share. 

Cheers,
Tanner

We are having some issues with the sound and video syncing up - it will work for a brief period and then get off - happened just after the update of PS VUE
0 Kudos

we have 3 roku devices and are experiences with audio syncing - need to get this fixed asap.....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
GrammyP
Level 7

I have a TCL tv. Ever since PSVUE updated I have audio sync issues. It’s impossible to watch tv. Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for continuing to share the reports here. PlayStation is aware of the audio sync issue and is currently working on a resolution. 

As I mentioned before, contacting PlayStation VUE support is the best option to share your experience and request additional status updates regarding their channel on the Roku platform. 

I'll share any further news once it becomes available. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos