Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Is there any way to change the speed of youtube videos on Roku tv?

Jump to solution

Sometimes I speed up youtube videos to get through them faster.

Is there any way to do this when watching tv?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is there any way to change the speed of youtube videos on Roku tv?

Jump to solution

@MJGuitar 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

atc98092

You can adjust the playback speed by clicking on the little gear shape near the CC (closed caption) box.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

I'm not aware of any playback speed adjustment available in YouTube. I doubt if the YTTV version is any different. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MJGuitar 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

atc98092

You can adjust the playback speed by clicking on the little gear shape near the CC (closed caption) box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Okay, thank you.

Thanks for the link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@MJGuitar wrote:

atc98092

No such setting using YouTube on my Ultra 4640. They've recently released a YT update, and there's no such icon to be found. Perhaps YTTV has a different interface. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I meant on the computer.

0 Kudos