Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lirith
Level 7

Is there a way to input channel numbers for xfinity for someone who is blind?

Hello, my father (who is blind) recently spoke with Xfinity and they suggested buying a Roku.  He asked me to come set up the Roku which we had no problem with.  I'm trying to find out why Xfinity would suggest for a blind person to buy this product if there is no way for him to enter a channel number on the remote.  The Roku remote does not have a microphone option so there is no way he can search for items to watch by voice.  Are we missing something in this setup process? Thank you for any help you can provide. (And yes the person he spoke with at Xfinity knows he is blind.)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Strega
Level 14

Re: Is there a way to input channel numbers for xfinity for someone who is blind?

You didn’t mention what Roku you have.  This page compares models: 

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Most models have a voice remote but a couple of the least expensive ones just have the "simple remote" which means no voice (among other things.)

I don’t know if you can select channels in the Xfinity app with your voice.  I think that may depend on Xfinity's app which I'm not familiar with.

0 Kudos