Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voodoo79
Level 7

Is the spectrum app ever going to come back

I install spectrum I have suggested this device for years. Is this app going to come back.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
b12345
Level 9

Re: Is the spectrum app ever going to come back

Roku is trying to get more advertising money from Spectrum in a new deal. I assume they will work something out eventually but there is no telling how long it will take. In the meantime we are all stuck in the middle of their fight. The only thing we can do is try to pressure them. Return your roku, stop buying their products, and stop using them. Call Spectrum to complain and/or switch to a different cable service if you are able to. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/at-t-forges-deal-to-get-hbo-max-on-roku-after-lon...

"The fight over HBO Max was one of many that Roku has waged recently as its customer base grows and it tries to generate more revenue from selling ads inside streaming apps. In September, Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal reached a deal to have its Peacock streaming service carried on Roku after a monthslong dispute over sharing ad sales. This week, Roku blocked new downloads of Charter Communications Inc.’s Spectrum TV app from Roku’s online store."

Kmaschi
Level 7

I have the spectrum app on my roku right now...

0 Kudos
b12345
Level 9

It seems that most people that already have the app have been allowed to keep it. However, it is not possible to install it now. Do not uninstall it if you want to keep using it. You will not be able to get it back. 

0 Kudos
upsnyderb
Level 7

I love that Roku started to migrate new streaming channels to all devices when you downloaded a new one to a single registered device but that ability bit me in the **bleep**.  I inadvertently deleted the spectrum app on one device and now they’re all deleted and it’s not available for download anymore.  Hey Roku/Spectrum grow up and think of your customers for once and not adding more shekels to your piggy banks!!!

OneDeep76541
Level 7

Factory reset and reinstall everything! Remember they need to know who your provider is choose spectrum and your back baby!!!

0 Kudos
upsnyderb
Level 7

Didn’t work....however I did get to log into all my channels again!  Thanks anyway and a SPECIAL THANKS TO ROKU AND SPECTRUM for being the DB greedy sob’s that they are!!!

jbramble67
Level 7

I have the Spectrum app, however I didn't delete it. I signed out and then tried to sign back in and it won't let me sign back in. Thanks a lot Spectrum and Roku. Guess I need to switch to a different provider? Buy new smart TV's for my whole house? Greedy is right.

0 Kudos
jbramble67
Level 7

All of a sudden it let me login. Super weird. 

0 Kudos
Loki190
Level 7

Same thing happened to me now the only way I can watch the TV I'm paying for is on my xbox

0 Kudos