Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john262
Streaming Star

Is the UK Entertainment channel available at the Roku store legal?

It seems to good to be true to have all of those channels available for just $1.99 monthly.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Is the UK Entertainment channel available at the Roku store legal?

I looked at it a long time ago and thought that it was clearly a pirate operation. They were using the same FilmOn feeds that were getting other channels shut down. But it's still in the Channel Store and Roku is billing for it. I don't know how they're getting away with it. I really doubt that BBC, ITV, etc. are licensing their content to these guys.

MilesT
Roku Guru

Sounds too cheap, compared to Britbox, Acorn.

I would suspect another scam like Royalbox 

BBC in particular won't let content go cheap, even though in the UK some is available for free on "rerun" channels like UKTV brand (Roku has a channel app in UK), Watch, or Drama (both OTA only).

Roku need to improve certification process and add more technical anti piracy checks

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Tagging @RokuDanny-R 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Michigan2924
Reel Rookie

When it was as UKTV I had the BBC & ITV Channels for a couple of years.. it then changed to the United Kingdom Entertainment channel and I just seen yesterday the channels are gone.  What is going on? Why the change?  I have been paying this amount for so long and still got BBC CHANNELS and ITV. Now wondering if this is going to be a scam issue soon  I have tried to reach the developers and the email address comes up but nothing to do with United Kingdom Entertainment or matrixebiz@gmail.com or the other one that was posted.  Why weren't we contacted about these changes? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Michigan2924 wrote:

... Why weren't we contacted about these changes? 

Roku does not maintain the app nor its functionality. If Netflix makes a service change, Roku won't tell you; Netflix will. If Amazon Prime Video makes a change to its service, Roku won't tell you; Amazon will. And, if this app/service makes a change to its service ... well, you get the idea?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Michigan2924, we have seen that @matrixebiz recommends using their new channel called UK Leisure Channel. Please note that as @DBDukes has mentioned, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. For more information about that channel's availability and functionality, you'll want to contact UK Leisure Channel's customer support team to inquire further. Thanks for being active members of our Roku Community! #HappyStreaming

0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

BBC & ITV are now gone from the channel line up as requested by the networks. BBC & ITV are streaming their own service and don't deal with affiliates any longer. Why you call it a scam? The channel itself still has content ! As it says in the Read Me : Channel selection and availability not guaranteed. if you are unhappy with the current selection then unsubscribe, easy as that. No-one is forcing you to stay subscribed ... and I do respond to email.