Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is asking to create account?

Message 'Start streaming Blazetv using your email address from ROKU account. Learn more at go.roku.com/channelsignup'

Well I've been watching The Blaze on roku for months, but I have to follow through this menu and after email then my account password from roku accnt. it gives me an error message

(We've made some changes to the Blaze. We moved to a bigger platform and we need everyone to change their passwords-kind of like getting new keys to a new house.)

Change which password is not clear Roku or Blaze? I already changed my Blaze 'PW' the day before. I had similar log in issues the day before.

6 Replies
Level 7

Re: Is asking to create account?

I  having the same problem. Been watching Blaze on Roku for months. Starting this week I’m having the same issue.  Earlier in the week I was able to delete the Blaze app, reload and all worked fine. Not tonight. I’m stuck in the Roku sign in which keeps telling me wrong username or password. No problems using the user/pass who login to Roku website. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

You never enter your Roku account username/password on a Roku device (other than entering your email address when you first set it up), so if some channel/app is asking you for a username and password they're asking for the one specific to that channel/app.  If it's not working, Roku has nothing to do with it and you need to contact the developer of the channel/app.  You may use the same username/email/password on a channel/app that you used for your Roku account, but that's up to you and not recommended.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Removed BlazeTV from channel line up,then placed it back in. Go to channel and when I select a show from Blaze there is a trail of messages.

1st: Please log in or sign up to continue. Choosing either  message states "Using email from your ROKU account. Continue / or cancel.

Continue,

2nd: choosing log in;- e mail from ROKU entered then ROKU password. I get log in error message(We've made some changes to BlazeTV, we need everyone to reset their password, standard PW' rules apply.

Choosing Sign up- e mail from ROKU entered then ROKU password. Error message, Email already in use.

I can log online to Roku or Blaze account no problems. Roku should not ask me for my separate subscription to the Blaze which it only hosts on its device. Still not resolved.

0 Kudos
Level 21

First, Roku isn't asking you for a password, BlazeTV is.  It's their channel and their code.  Roku has nothing to do with it.  Second, they want your BlazeTV password.  You may be using the same email for Roku and BlazeTV, but are you using the same password?  Use the email and password that you've successfully used to log into your BlazeTV online account.

Level 7

Thank you

0 Kudos
Level 8

Roku message read to sign in with Roku account email, which implied Roku's 'PW'. Only yesterday did message not appear and email was not auto filled in like past days attempts. I did log in using BlazeTV email and 'PW' for successful log in. Thanks for your help and responses,

Saluto

0 Kudos