Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demon69c
Reel Rookie

Is Twoku still available for use

Has twoku been pulled? Its vanished from my menu and when I try to find it on site it no longer comes up It's silly that Twitch isn't available to begin with, but now I'm wondering if I should dump roku in favor of a fire stick or chromecasst since thos both have all my favorite channels AND twitch

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is Twoku still available for use

Effective Feb 23, 2022 Roku has discontinued support for ALL uncertified (often called "private") channels, like Twoky.

A new Independent Development Kit (IDK) is being put in place for developmental channels.

From Roku announcement for developers from October 2021:

"Sunsetting non-certified channels   With the release of the IDK and beta channels, Roku will remove non-certified channels from the platform by March 2022. The Roku IDK and beta channel feature will facilitate broader innovation, improve beta testing, and offer a better development experience and a more standardized development process across streaming platforms."

Full announcement:
https://blog.roku.com/developer/idk

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The IDK is far from a substitute for private channels.  Roku should be embarrassed for even suggesting such a thing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
PELIC

They've also inspired me to look at an nVidia Shield.

First they sell me a Roku4 (piece of trash) and immediately discontinued it, now they're just pulling channels for no good reason.

Can't even manage my channels on the website any more.

Sick of this nonsense.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PELIC

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 4 (4400X) is an older device that is over 7 years old.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
liamthered

WOW! Way to disappoint your paying customers, Roku. I have been a loyal customer for many years and have several Roku devices. I guess it's time to look for a different vendor to supply my needs who wants to deliver what I am paying for rather than dictating to me, not to mention what I recommend to my friends, family, and colleagues.

najunk
Binge Watcher

As of now, Twoku (code:  C6ZVZD) can still be re-added by code as a non-certified channel.   Mine also disappeared and I reinstalled it.  Guess this is one of a few that don't fall under the "ALL non-certified channels" have been removed.

alyweird

I was sad too, but after a little digging I found that Twoku IS still available for use. It's a private channel that you have to manually enter a code for use. When you get the code, you can enter it here http://twoku-web.herokuapp.com/

Thank you! This worked for me.

0 Kudos