Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSW
Level 8

Is Roksbox no longer supported?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've used Roksbox for years (currently using Roksbox xStream) and it's worked very well, but now it appears the product is no longer supported. I haven't seen any activity from WilDD in some time. Can anyone confirm this?

Roksbox xStream continues to work, but it has a few issues. For one, it makes me select the Admin account to sign in, even though that is the only account and it has no password. When I previously used Roksbox Cloud, only having the Admin user with no password automatically bypassed the sign in screen. Also, a couple of months ago, the option to bypass the main menu stopped working. So now I have to select the Admin account to sign in and select Videos (my default setting) before I can select a movie to watch.

If anyone has any information on Roksbox support, or how to resolve my issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is Roksbox no longer supported?

Jump to solution

@JSW

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JSW

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JSW
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I started on the Roksbox site:  https://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/ 

The site says to go to this Roku forum page for help:  http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26058&sid=22e0565eb4a5fc686b5bc555c3c0ee51 

The last post in that forum was on August 25, 2019.

That is why I started this post, to see if anyone has any further information on this channel.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BanzaiBouillon
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi JSW,

As of today (November 3, 2021) BOTH of my ROKSBOX channels are "inactive" due to a recent ROKU update.  I don't know if it wiped my account information or not but it now asks me to re-purchase the apps again from the channel store (for which I foolishly did) in order to proceed.  STILL comes up with the same error message!  Now, I'm out another $9.59!  For what it's worth, I have contact information for ROKSBOX but they NEVER responded to ANY of my inquiries in the past.  I'll post their e-mail below.  There are actually 2 e-mail addresses but the other one I sent either bounced back or went to the deep dark nether regions of the internet...LOL!  The probably got mad I found their e-mail addresses.

0 Kudos
Bri4n
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Stacey, 

I've been having the same trouble with Roksbox as of today (4th Nov 2021). There doesn't appear to be a solution. Are you aware of any good alternatives for watching movies from Google Drive on the Roku? I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Brian Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kcastillo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing for me. I removed and repurchased and still no go. As a clunky workaround I can copy the Dropbox link to Web Video Caster and steam from my phone to the Roku receiver. Annoying because I spent a lot of time setting things up for Roksbox. 

JSW
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ugh! Mine is doing the same thing. I can't say about yesterday, but I know it was working Tuesday (11/02). Not sure what did it; my Rokus say the last Roku software update was on 06/30. 

At this point I would definitely not remove the channel. I had issues with Roksbox Cloud a few years ago and removed it, thinking I would reinstall it, but I could not find the channel once I removed it. I finally paid again and installed Roksbox xStream. That had been working pretty well, with a couple of small glitches, until now. Probably a long shot, but maybe this will be repaired.

Some time back I had started researching options, but I didn't go very far. I believe Plex is pretty well rated, but I don't know much about it and I don't know what media sources it supports.

I have also spent countless hours getting Roksbox set up, creating xml files, fan art, thumbnails, etc. etc.

Very disappointing!

Bri4n
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's disappointing as I tried streaming from phone to Roku but it wouldn't work for me. I'll look into Web Video Caster (not familiar with). Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Bri4n
Level 8

Jump to solution

So frustrating 😫  like you I have spent a lot of time setting mine up and feel really disappointed I can no longer access it. Fingers crossed they'll fix it, meanwhile I'll look into other options and will post any useful information which could help. 

I have tried Plex, which is OK as a channel to watch some old movies (if you can put up with the ads) but have been unable to get it to play my own media. Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or just the app. Hopefully you'll have more success with Plex than I did. Good luck. 👍 

0 Kudos
BanzaiBouillon
Level 7

Jump to solution

ROKSBOX is your best bet for streaming your private content.  I've tried numerous others and they either: out of service, shut down or only work via hooking your ROKU up to an external drive USB plug.  Strange, I came home tonight, did a manual system update on my ROKU STREAMBAR and it updated my ROKSBOX app!  I then went to www.roksbox.com/db and entered my e-mail address and password and it then gave me the passcode to unlock my account.  Now, I'm back in business!  Hopefully, this works for everybody else.