Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 12

Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

I went to TheNowhereman.com and TheNowheremam.com/roku and both just display a link to a free Amazon trial..

Is he done with Roku development?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Williamt100
Level 9

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

I hope not!
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
speechles
Level 9

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26363&start=2550

Ask and they close the thread. He might have quit and the NDA keeps him from disparage them. It basically mutes him and the only thing he can do to say anything is take down anything he has ever done for Roku. Possibly? Maybe... That other thread implies some kind of control or NDA shutting him up.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

Nowhereman/RokuChris may well have just decided that maintaining an app like NowhereTV is just a LOT more trouble than it is worth. He also could have decided that dealing with Roku at any level is also not worth the trouble. Or he could have decided that both or some amount of both are the problem.

Personally I do not blame him at all.

There are reasons that a lot of us that were very active earlier in Roku's history are no longer as active. Roku has shown that their interest and care about their customers no longer matters at all. All they care about is making money and are rapidly becoming or have already become what to Henry Ford is a poor business:
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." Henry Ford  
While Roku has, and probably always will, make, or at least sell, a hardware box, that box is rapidly becoming less and less relevant to their business model

I have six different Rokus but I have stopped using them for most of my streaming as I find that the moves they have made are detrimental to what I want/need in a streaming box. It is no wonder that a lot of the more creative developers are abandoning Roku or reducing their presence in the Roku world.

That is not to say that the rest of the streamers are much better but the Shield and the Fire, mostly the Shield, do have some advantages over Roku and they do not suffer as much from indifference to the needs of the user as much as Roku does.

If I were developing for the Roku environment I would be seriously be looking to move elsewhere.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

"speechles" wrote:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26363&start=2550

Ask and they close the thread. He might have quit and the NDA keeps him from disparage them. It basically mutes him and the only thing he can do to say anything is take down anything he has ever done for Roku. Possibly? Maybe... That other thread implies some kind of control or NDA shutting him up.

That thread wasn't closed because someone asked. It was closed because that user came out of nowhere with personal attacks. 
0 Kudos
speechles
Level 9

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

"mikebdoss" wrote:
"speechles" wrote:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26363&start=2550

Ask and they close the thread. He might have quit and the NDA keeps him from disparage them. It basically mutes him and the only thing he can do to say anything is take down anything he has ever done for Roku. Possibly? Maybe... That other thread implies some kind of control or NDA shutting him up.

That thread wasn't closed because someone asked. It was closed because that user came out of nowhere with personal attacks. 

The user was muted _AND_ the thread was closed _AND_ then reminders were made with huge red text about forum rules. I think that speaks volumes about this situation. Don't you? What it doesn't say says alot. The under currents of the sweeping under the rug. Can't you see the broom marks on the rugs at Roku HQ? That is where stuff goes under the rug. Lift those corners and they close the thread. 

/me puts down the rug corners.
/me puts hands in pockets.
/me whistles and walks into the other room. Smiley Happy

The fact his websites now point to Amazon properties isn't a CO INKY DINK. Everything happens for a raisin. What is the raisin? It is a grape withered in the sun. Where can I get in touch with this withered grape? That was the entire point of this thread.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

The thread was closed by Shawn, and Shawn's no longer here. And Shawn could be a little trigger happy with the closing of threads in general, if you ask me.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 8

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

His last action is still active so his forum account has not be locked.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

The thread was 171 pages and spanned 8 years, and other threads have been closed (by the previous forum mod) when getting large like that. Looks like that last ridiculous post put it over the top in the mod's eyes. I haven't seen enough to buy into the conspiracy mindset.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Re: Is Nowhereman/RokuChris done with Roku?

"jeffrok" wrote:
I went to TheNowhereman.com and TheNowheremam.com/roku and both just display a link to a free Amazon trial..

Is he done with Roku development?

Sent you a PM.
0 Kudos