Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: PLEASE Make Discovery Plus Available!!

Jump to solution

Discovery+ is in the channel store. But you won't see it unless you're in a country where Discovery makes it available. I have no idea if it's available anywhere other than the US. But Discovery is the only one who can change where it's available. So Discovery is whom you need to be contacting, not Roku.

Also, just as a reminder. Just because a provider (such as Discovery) offers a service in a particular country, that doesn't mean it will be available on Roku devices. The provider has to specifically configure the Roku channel store to make it available in a desired country. And only the provider can do that. Roku cannot change where a channel is available. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
WittyWalnut
Level 7

Jump to solution

It can be watched, but it's annoying. I use the discovery app on my phone, but cast it to the roku with an app I have on there and my phone. It's not ideal, but the shows are worth the hassle. 

Steve1964
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes i do the same now.

0 Kudos
kddomingo
Level 7

Re: Discovery Plus available on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi! I tried clicking the link but the add channel button is not available. My Roku Express 4k doesn't have a search button either Smiley Sad

discovery plus roku.JPG

0 Kudos
Steve1964
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi there

I now have discovery plus on my roku box😀😀😀. 

To search on a roku box go to menu on left hand menu.

Look for search channels. Type in discovery plus or whatever you are looking for. Then if it is a channel click on add channel. 

Alternatively to add a channel go to channel store then add channel you want.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kddomingo It's possible that you are not located where Discovery has made their channel available. Are you somewhere other than the US?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos